21 April 2008

Monday's Musings AND Bloggy Giveaway!!!

Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything...

It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice.

~ Mark Twain

Regarding my Monday Musing, I'm gonna try to keep it short and sweet because I know that 99% of you are here for the giveaway...and that's okay because it is a good one and I would definitely like it if someone gave this to me. Now for my MM - it seems to me that most people only quote the first portion of this statement and forget about the 'especially advice' part. That's the statement that makes me giggle and snicker. How often have I heard someone giving advice and I'm thinking "are you even hearing what you're saying? Have you even attempted to apply this to your own life?". Then there are others who I listen to very carefully (especially when it's on a topic that I consider them an expert).

So where do I fall on this spectrum? Truth be told I don't mind advice when I ask for it. It is the unsolicited kind that can be a bother. Now this doesn't include when a mentor of some level is speaking into my life but rather someone that doesn't know me or my family and mistakenly determines that their words have a pearl-like value. Pshaw. Is that a word? Because I really want to use that here. Pshaw.

The next step is applying this to my life. I try my darnedest to not give advice unless it is asked for with the exception of my responsibilities as Mommy to Jeter and Barber - while they are young anyway. That will change when they are adults. I even apply this to the blog world and the commenting area of it. When I comment, typically it is simply noting how I relate to what was said. Rarely (I want to say never but I'm not perfect) do I offer a differing view or dare I say advice if it isn't asked for. At the same time there are many blogs/posts that ask for advice and even though I might have something to say I sometimes choose not to say it. Why? I question my motive - is what I think I have to say going to benefit that person or not. If I really believe it is worthy of statement then I ask myself if it should be in the comments section for all the world to see or if the topic is more personal and better suited for a private email or personal conversation.

Did I say this was going to be short?!? HA! Wrapping up...if you ever care what I have to say then ask because unless it is a forum where everyone is respectfully sharing their thoughts/ideas/concerns/etc I may be more on the quiet side of the table.

Now for the GIVEAWAY...finally! LOL.

Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival Button

In the past my giveaways have represented a facet of who I am. Say Anything would love for me to now state "Hello, my name is TCC and I am a crocheting junkie." So, yes, this giveaway does deal with something I have handmade...but there is more.

If you haven't heard or didn't read through the entire post (because I couldn't even get myself to dedicate an entire post to it) my family took the official plunge to go public with our association with Shaklee through our online store TCC's Wholesome Living. I've literally grown up using these products but many of my friends have never known because I am sooooooo not a salesperson and as mentioned above I am not going to voluntarily tell you how to clean your house or wash your laundry or what vitamins and minerals you should take daily.

What I can do is tell you what has worked for me. For over a year now I have branched out into other areas of Shaklee's line of products - specifically household and cleaning products. Why? We've always taken their vitamins because of the way they are made - "the best of science and nature combined" - so I finally decided to test-drive the cleaning products. It has been an adjustment (I'm not going to lie to you) but I haven't been disappointed. For example, when the Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate (that's a mouthful...I just say Basic H2) is used to make my window/glass cleaner - it is 'wetter' than my former cleaning product and takes a little longer to wipe down the surface (especially if I use a paper towel rather than the microfiber cloth) -that's the adjustment part - but the payoff is worth it for me. I get a clean that I know is not filled with toxins and doesn't compromise the health of my children. Not to mention that I can use the Basic H2 and make an all-purpose cleaner as well as a degreaser (this is my favorite...kind of like my default cleaner).

I am also appreciative of the fact that the products last a long time. This is mainly because they are concentrated and I am doing the diluting. The fact that you don't use as much of their cleaning products to get the job done is important as well. It seems to follow the 'less is more' philosophy.

So how does this all tie in to my bloggy giveaway? I am going to give the winner 3 hand-crocheted dishcloths AND a 16oz bottle of Dishwash Liquid Concentrate. FREE. I want to make this open to Canadians as well as those in the USA (just hoping that the soap will get through customs). As you may or may not know I went without a dishwasher for the last number of months - meaning I washed every single dish by hand. This made me really appreciate the little things - such as my dishcloths. Would you believe I still have over 1/4 of this bottle left (I started using it last summer!)? Prior to this I used the typical leading brands (and didn't really have a dislike to them) but in the attempt to hold myself accountable for the choices I make and the impact I have on others I can't ignore the fact that this product is nontoxic, natural, hypoallergenic, biodegradable and lacks phosphates.

So...what do you need to do?
  • If you want to participate in Monday's Musings, publish a post on your blog and link up below - although I'm sure my 2-3 regulars may be far more busy entering giveaways. LOL. However if you have a moment and choose to link I will look forward to reading your thoughts - and will probably leave a non-advice-laden comment to boot! ***Update: I removed the Mr. Linky on this post to help avoid any further confusion - it seems that some people were linking there instead of leaving comments for the giveaway.***
  • If you want to enter the GIVEAWAY, then leave me a comment and tell me what color scheme you like (naturals, brights, pastels, or primary) AND tell me one thing that you have done that would qualify as 'going green' (does not have to be Shaklee related). I'm NOT going to require you to go to my store and establish a wishlist because that's just not my style. However, I will invite you to visit if you are interested and if you have any questions please email me with your inquiry (thecampbellcornerATgmailDOTcom). BTW the pattern I'm using for the dishcloths is like the bright blue dishcloth.
  • Comments will be open until 8AM Sunday (April 27th) morning EST. The winner will be selected at that time using the random number generator at random.org and then contacted via email (if you don't leave me a valid email address then I cannot contact you). I will also post about the winner here at our corner.
  • For more amazing giveaways from all over blogland, check out the Bloggy Giveaways Site and join the fun!

111 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Thanx for the great blog giveaway.

I will link to you this evening.

Feel free to pop by and say hello.

By the way I love brights and as for going green I have changed 75% of my lights to the new energy saving bulbs.

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I love brights and pastels.
After reading Gorgeously Green, I plan on chucking most of my hair care, cosmetics and skin care that is'nt organic. I did'nt realize that most of these commercial beauty products that women use everyday are full of toxins and bad chemicals that should'nt come in contact with human skin let alone animals. :o

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Wow! What a great giveaway! I have long heard how wonderful Shaklee is and would love to have the chance to try some. I am ALL about kitchen cloth, too. Does that count as my green thing? I can't imagine using paper towels now - they are so ineffective, not to mention wasteful. :)

Great giveaway!

Jenn said...

I'm an earthtoned girl myself! Also country blue, which my mom always had in her kitchen and I swore I never would, but now I do!

We are pretty green. But getting greener everyday. We use eco friendly cleaners. I have wanted to try the shaklee dish stuff. I haven't found any greed dish stuff that works well!

Livin' Life said...

You guys always blow me away with this. Your's is the only one I sign up for. I looked at the list and it totally overwhelms me. I guess I don't want free stuff that bad but I will try yours.

I like your post but will have to muse later this week. We have an unexpected guest with us until tomorrow. i hope all is going well at your house. still praying for you guys.

michelle said...

For the dishcloths, I would have to say "natural", though my house colours are navy, and khaki for the most part, if that helps in any way.

As far as going green...I have been using reusable shopping bags for the last 11 years, even before it was cool to do so.

I would love to be entered in your giveaway.

Michelle
www.northofthe49.com
michelle (at) northofthe49 (dot) com

Angela said...

I love naturals or pastels.. we reuse all of our packing materials, paper, and use green cleaners :)


I am running a bloggy carnival right now as well with over $530 in prizes! Go check it out Connor's First Birthday Bash at http://www.sevendogsandababy.com!

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

I prefer naturals but I like brights and pastels too.

As far as going green- I've been eating a mostly vegetarian diet for
17 years and I recycle.

Anonymous said...

I love this giveaway! I am definitely a naturals girl.

As far as green goes, I know it's not a big deal and I probably should have been doing this a long time ago, but I recently started recycling our family's cardboard--cereal boxes, Amazon packaging, etc. in addition to our other recyclables. I used to think it was "too much work" but it really isn't!

Stacy said...

I like earth tones.
We're slowly changing out our light bulbs to CF's

AudreyO said...

This is a great contest...oh and I did read your entire post and I smiled reading about advice, both asked for and um non asked for. My favorite tones are earth tones beiges and browns and tans.

As for going green...I use my own products, Tupperware and promote them to others so that others don't have to throw away plastics.

Anonymous said...

I like simple but the pastels are nice too. I have a dishwasher and its ok when it works.lol, thats a apartment for ya! Its been through it all. I have heard of Shaklee and would love to try some of their stuff! I have been trying to use green cleaners, and right now, we are on Clorox Green works.\



palmersf(at)bellsouth(dot)net

Betsy said...

I love neutral colors and we changed out all of our old light bulbs for the new LED light bulbs.

Hélène said...

Brights! I switched our family to reusable water bottles and we rarely drink anything but water.

Stacy said...

I like neutral colors. We do a ton but my favorite is growing our own veggies.

windycindy said...

Hi, I have heard many good things about the green Shaklee products! Your crocheted cloths sound lovely. I am a "naturals" kind of person. LOL
We have stopped using water in plastic bottles and each have a reusable one. Please enter me in your drawing. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Lissete said...

I love burgandy, dark greens, burnt oran, beige & brown. All fall colors. :)

I have re-usable grocery bags and my DH has changed out most of our bulbs. We also recycle EVERYTHING!

Promises said...

I have to say that I LOVE the H2 - that is definitely a product that everyone should try, if they only want to try one Shaklee product initially - the degreaser solution is my favorite way to use it!

Ok, I like naturals and we are going green by using the H2 Shaklee product and we also have front loaders which save money, water, electricity, etc.

Anonymous said...

Our kitchen is mainly yellow with some green, and some blue... so I think I'd go for the naturals.

We replaced our light bulbs with energy efficient bulbs. We recycle and try to composte (still trying!).

Melissa said...

I like earth tones, natural tones.

We installed programmable thermostats in our house and it's amazing how much lower we can set them and still be comfortable.

We also subscribe to a CSA and eat a great deal of organic and local products.

Thinking About Compassion said...

I like bright colors.

For going "green" we compost in our backyard.

Claire Roach said...

I really like natural color tones-they match pretty much any other color! I've been reusing clothes and shopping thrift stores to go more green.
claireroach81(at)hotmail(dot)com

Qtpies7 said...

I LOVE the colors in the 5th dishcloth down! Gorgeous purples and greens!
I knit dishcloths, occasionally.
I went "green" by using cloth diapers, and I love it more than disposables! I can't believe how much I love it! My kids called me "sick twisted addicted" to buying cloth diapers.

Richelle said...

I like natural color tones.

We have changed most of our light bulbs to the energy saving kind, and are pretty good about recycling.

Genevieve P said...

I like both earth tones and jewel tones--can never decide which I prefer! I don't like pastels. I use cloth diapers and dry my clothes on a clothes line. We mostly clean w/ baking soda and vinegar and buy almost no processed "food".

noreen said...

brights
we are growing veggies this year and I freecycle

danandmarsh said...

Thanks for stoping by and entering my giveaway at GIVEAWAY CITY.
Going green, I have been buying the energy saving light bulbs little by little, lil expensive but I'm getting there

Emily said...

My favorite color schemes are bright green and tan. We have an energy efficient washing machine.

Bebemiqui said...

I like natural colors and we line dry our clothes. Great giveaway! Count me in. bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

jenny said...

this would be grate i could realy use some thinks jenny9675309@yahoo.com

charmed said...

I'm a natural's kind of gal, throw in a little blue with that and I'm a happy camper!

We line dry our clothes, use the compact light bulbs, turned the water heater temp down.... stuff like that.

Kara said...

Great giveaway! I could use some bright dishcloths to brighten up my chores :)

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway! I like natural color scheme and I hang our laundry out. monk5@charter.net

Unknown said...

What a great giveqway! I like natural colors. As for being green, I think the biggest thing is we frequent our local farmer's market and grow some of our own veggies and herbs. Thank you!

brooke said...

I tend to lean toward earth tones... browns, greens, etc.
We recycle as much as we can, and I'm planning to make some grocery bags out of reused sheets.

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a "naturals" girl myself and we have actually been trying to switch to "green" cleaners to be more eco-friendly! Thanks for such a generous giveaway!
sblilly14(@)yahoo(.)com

Anonymous said...

I like brights!

I use baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice to clean my house!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Your dishcloths are gorgeous. I knit my own, but the crocheted ones are amazing!

We are going green by using compact fluorescent bulb, recycling, and using reusable bags to shop (no more plastic.

Thanks for the great giveaway.

Melissa said...

Well, I have started recycling cardboard packaging, and have switched to more organic, non-toxic cleaners. I'd love to have the Shaklee dishsoap! And I'd love any color of dishcloths- I love surprises!

Geri said...

Great Blog!!!! Great Giveaway!!!!
gerjones64(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks!

recycling! and all pastels!

Unknown said...

i think i would classify my color scheme as "faded" or "dusty" - i like light colors but not candy colored pastels, more faded

as for green, well i eat my son's leftovers when he refuses to finish, does that count?

Anonymous said...

My kitchen is black and natural so I guess the color scheme for me would be naturals. We recycle and I'm making bags to use at the grocery store in order to eliminate the paper and plastic usage. We use paperback swap instead of buying more books. I'm going to read the book Gorgeously Green so I can learn about the hair products.

bigfamily8(at)yahoo(dot)com

Mama said...

Great Giveaway!
We have bright yellows, reds and greens in our kitchen!
We have switched entirely over to Shaklee products for our green cleaning, and after 6 months, my dish soap will need refilling soon....love to have some more:) Keep up the good work!

bethany said...

Our kitchen is yellow and red-we shop at thrift shops for EVERYTHING-reuse and recycle!!

Allison said...

Neat giveaway. For my color scheme, I would pick Naturals. As far as going green, we are doing cloth diapers and wipes on our baby, and also I have drastically reduced paper towel usage by using cloth towels for cleaning.

Anonymous said...

I like earthtones and natural colors best. My green efforts have included recycling all my shopping bags and starting to stock up on canvas bags as well as using the energy-saving bulbs. Thanks!
lin@mysupersaving.com

Rebecca said...

I like natural colours. I've been using Shaklee for the past year and LOVE it! We also go through just as much recycling as garbage each week - thanks to our unlimited recycling program in our town.

Jennifer said...

If I won, I would really like the brights! I have actually been using the Shaklee organic cleaner for months now and love it! The cleaners that you buy from the store actually make me sick with a headache, so they HAVE to bad for you!! These cleaners don't have any scent at all. My hubby and I have done a couple things besides the organic cleaners such as: planting a garden for the 2nd year, composting and using reusable bags for shopping. Thanks !!
Jennmominva@aol.com

Ames said...

I'm a fan of naturals
I'm working on being sure to use one glass during the day instead of many - that's our latest little water saving trick...

Krista said...

I would like to try this stuff...
I use cloth diapers and reusable grocery bags.
I like bright colors!

Mama said...

These products sound good!

I recycle everything possible, including grocery bags, and I don't buy new when I have something that still works.
Please enter me and come visit my blog and enter my giveaway also.

CanCan said...

I am a "naturals" color scheme kind of girl. I started a "green" blog recently, and we use cloth diapers and wipes and cleaning rags and napkins (not paper towels). I try to recycle our old stuff into crafts instead of running to Hobby Lobby (even though I LOVE Hobby Lobby...)

Anonymous said...

I love natural colors and I love that last dishcloth picture at the bottom. I have switched a couple of my light bulbs to those new energy efficient ones. I reuse my plastic bags.

samsakara@twcny.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the "naturals" colors. I loved your post - I'll definitely bookmark to come back and read more after the Carnival madness calms down. ;-) Our going-green has involved recycling once we moved to this house (and that cut us down from 5-6 large bags of garbage per week to just 1!), cloth diapering my son and switching to mama cloth and a DivaCup for myself, and all of our lights that can (we have several dimmers which won't work with the new ones) have switched to the new lightbulbs. Oh, and we use our programmable thermostat to help us keep our fingers off the thermostat when we feel a little warm or cool - we've saved a ton on energy costs that way, too!

aahcoffee said...

I use a lot of cobalt blues and greens in my decorating scheme. And the biggest thing I've done is cut down on all the driving around that I've done in the past. I used to put the kids in the car and just go for a drive....not anymore!
julie_ruhlman(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jessica said...

I love greens and blues.
I bought about eight, sturdy, canvas bags to reuse when I go grocery shopping!
Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

frugallm said...

natural colors, line dry clothes

My name is Michelle. said...

I think I like nautrals best, but for kids rooms I like pastels. As far as going green...hmmm...I make my own laundry detergent. We also buy much less prepackaged foods. And I try to remember to carry a reusable bag when I shop.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on your Shaklee adventure!

I would love some pastel dishcloths.

Thank you for doing this giveaway.
Tiffany Rosson
Tiffanyannrosson AT yahoo.com

Becca said...

Wow, I actually just bought my first order of Shaklee products yesterday. I've been wanting more natural cleaning products for a while, and these were recommended to me by a friend. I can't wait to break them out, but I didn't get the Dishwash products, so I'd love to win this. As for colors, my kitchen is light green and red. Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great giveaway!!! If I win you could just surprise me with the colors-I'm not fussy. As far as going green we do several things but I especially enjoy lasagna gardening!
Stephanie
dsmoore1@centurytel.net

Tarasview said...

I would love to win this! Please enter me. I prefer naturals. And I LOVE Shaklee... I use it daily in my efforts to go green :)
taradawnrobertson[at]hotmail[dot]com

World's Greatest Mommy said...

Never used Shaklee, but heard of it. I like natural colors. We're switching to reusable grocery bags.

Suzie Williams said...

I like the music on your blog. Great giveaway! I like pastel tones the best. What we've done to go green is reuse more stuff. We're pretty good about recycling, but why recycle a magazine when it can be reused by someone else who will enjoy it. I donate them to the used bookstore to sell or leave them in the Laundry Mat for people to read. More fun than watching clothes spin in the dryer.

The Chatty Housewife said...

I like jewel tones, tans and demins for decor. We use reusable shopping bags and if we forget, we make sure and use as little plastic or paper as possible and later recycle it after it as been reused. Thank you for much for the giveaway. I would love to win this! nw_wife(at)hotmail(dot)com

Lorne said...

I heard about Shaklee on Oprah, it's great stuff. thanks. -keely

Unknown said...

I like natural colors, although I also like bright colors! I would love to try some Shaklee cleaner, I have heard wonders about it. We recently started a compost pile to cut down on our trash.

lucycontest at gmail.com

JaniceJ said...

My favorite is naturals and going green is a bit slow around here, I have started with reuseable grocery bags, and recycle everything.

Anonymous said...

Mark Twain has some good quotes-I enjoyed that.
Pastels are very pretty and happy.
I've recently started to recycle.
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I like brights. I am slow at the going green. Not as much my fault as my situation. However, I do freecycle, buy used and reuse as much as possible.

peggie dot loden at gmail dot com

Tammy said...

Thanks for the chance, I do like the natural colors best (creams, browns, khakis), as they fit into the color scheme of my kitchen.

susan1215 said...

I like more natural colors. We are trying to recycle more.

PS said...

Love anything bright! Real colors! We have a one cup per day rule! I save a lot of space in the dishwasher that way!

Anonymous said...

Sweet giveaway! Thanks so much for offering this set of goodies!

I like earth tones probably or blues. Now, we do LOTS of stuff to go green. But the most recent is that we have purchased re-usable shopping bags.

Hey, if you have some time, stop by my giveaway. :)
http://weirdstuffinmydesk.com/?p=41

my email is:
raccoo.smith at gmail dot com

Thanks again and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

For colour scheme, it would be naturals. That goes with everything. As far as being more "green". I use cloth bags when I shop. Thanks.
Heidi
sweet_soul_sistermi@yahoo.com

Sassyfrazz said...

I love pastels! They were the colors of my bridesmaids dresses....many colors!
I think we "are green" by conserving our light usage and recycling cans.
Thanks for such a generous and thoughtful prize! Thanks for the chance to win!
sharvey(AT)connections-etc(DOT)net

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway, and being open to Canadians! Yay! Hmm, well we live off-grid, so I actually wash dishes by hand all the time, we haul water in, and they are always done by hand :). And yep, most of our energy comes from solar, wind, and our heat is all done with wood :).

Ben and April said...

I prefer more neutral colors. Thanks for the giveaway!
As far as going green, we eat an all organic diet at home.

amenking(at)bellsouth.net

Frances said...

I love natural colors - blues and greens mostly, with a little cream or tan thrown in.

I use reusable bags almost everywhere - not just grocery shopping.

Anonymous said...

"Naturals" are my color choice and cloth diapering has been the most recent and "major" green thing we've done.

Thanks!
Tamara (AK)
mrshuntinak AT msn DOT com

Unknown said...

Naturals and we cloth diaper and use only natural or organic skin care or makeup!! :) yeah green! :)

Alaina said...

What a great giveaway and I really appreciate the product review! Naturals would be my color choice. We are truly working hard to go more green - one thing we've done is taking re-usable bags to the store.

Michelle said...

Hi! I'm Michelle. I like neutrals. I've gone green by bringing my own bags to the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

I joined Freecycle about 4 months ago, and have given away so much stuff. I love it! I like bright colors.

Jon and Sarah said...

I love the neutrals. To start going green I have recycled our grocery bags and use canvas instead.

Fedora said...

Those are gorgeous washcloths! Naturals would be terrific, and we're all about the recycling--we're thankful that our city does curbside pickup of most recyclables. And we try to bring our own totes to the grocery store as often as possible. Usually we have enough... ;)

Have a great week!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

.ambre. said...

i love neutrals. i've stopped flushing on my many nighttime potty runs. i started during my pregnancy- that was up to eight times a night!

Anonymous said...

I like neutrals. I make my own cleaners pretty much, try to buy more organic and want to grow a garden and compost. I am also into herbal medicine.

Unknown said...

I like naturals, and as for going green I try to use biodegradable cleaners (and will definitely check out your shop!), reuseable grocery bags (including produce ones!), and in general try to but down on energy use (washing clothes in cold water, using a drying rack, etc. etc.!)

Jinxy and Me said...

I like the naturals color scheme. I try to a lot of things to "go green" like using reusable bags and containers, composting, recycling, shopping local, etc.

Uniquely Yours said...

Love handmade dish (natural) clothes. I wash my clothes in cold water, recycle cans, plastic, foam meat trays etc....

Anonymous said...

I love naturals with darker chocolate brown tones.

Irish Mom said...

I have recently gone a little green, I havemade quitea few changes, but most notably is recyling, nothing gets into the wrong can in my house, I overstuff our can & sometimes ask to throw stuff in my neighbors. I have heard of the Shaklee products and would love to try them!!
My colors.... I love yellow and crimson red and khakis. Thanks

Linda said...

I love the brights and pastels...

We recycle and have for years...paper, glass, cans, plastic.

I also try to reuse my plastic bags, using them as a filler if I'm sending out a package (use the bags instead of the styrofoam peanuts, etc).

Try to conserve water and turn off lights when leaving a room, etc.

So not so much really but every bit helps!

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Teri said...

I love the bright colors!

As for going green, we recycle & use re-usable bags at the grocery store whenever we can! I am also trying to switch to homemade cleaning solutions!

jennifer57 said...

I love bright & pastel colors. I have just recently changed almost all my light bulbs to the energy saving ones ;)

Emily said...

I'm entering! I would prefer natural colors. As for going green, I did start using Shaklee, but not for that reason. Anyhow, we are in the process of changing our light bulbs and I recycle alot including trees and bushes (our boro makes mulch out of it.)

Is 97 a good number?

Marsha said...

Awesome site! We have changed out all incadescent bulbs to the new spiral flourescent bulbs and we recycle everything that cannot be composted. We upgraded to all energy star applainces and it's really made a difference to our bills and makes hte bank account and the environment happy.
We have earth tones and primaries in our home.
I have used Shaklee for years and love it!!
Wonderful prize! Thanks for participating in the giveaway.
Hoping I win.

Unknown said...

I love brights and pastels. I use to recycle aluminum but don't have the room to do that now but we have updated most of our light bulbs to those squggly ones.

Trish said...

I like earthy greens and naturals as we have a leaf motif in our kitchen. I used to get dishcloths every year from my grandmother, and my parents actually sold Shaklee for a couple of years, so this is like old home week!

Going green - I can't say that we have done a great job with this. I won't allow CFL's in my home and my husband's car uses way too much gas! We do buy a certain amount of organic and natural foods since the Little Guy reacts to so many different things.

Erica G said...

I would choose the natural colors. We have started using "green" cleaning products.


egreca [at] hotmail [dot] com

msrodeobrat said...

i like natural colors, and we have started hanging our clothes out instead of drying them and using cold water to wash

katklaw777 said...

I like Natural colors, and have been doing many new green things. Mostly i reduce, reuse and recycle whenever i can. i buy locally and seasonally. think green! thnx katklaw777(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in primary colors. I recycle a lot of products and I only turn the lights on in my house when necessary.
partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Re said...

Thanks for a great giveaway! I hope i'm the lucky winner :)

we have started using a lot more green products and making our own

M said...

naturals! And I recycle as much as I can

Skye said...

I have heard about Shaklee, but never used the products. We have recently in the last 6 months switched to cloth diapers and are LOVING it!!! I love brights!! Thanks for the great giveaway!

Chantelle said...

i love naturals and I have been making all of my home cleaning products in an effort to go a little greener

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can I just say, that from this post you sound a lot like me! I am going to bookmark your blog!

I am trying to be more green in some minor ways that DH is comfy with. I use cloth diapers & cloth menstrual products. I use cloth wipes for the babies bum & for tissues. (Although we have Puffs in the house for DH.) There are more but I am too frazzled to think of them. (Got a lot going on.) So anyway, I would love some dishclothes & cleaners. Our kitchen color scheme is black & white & my favorite color is any shade of purple. But, really, these will probably be my favorite washclothes no matter what color they are! (if I were lucky enough to win :) )

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

i like naturals or bright colors, i'm not fussy. what i've done to go green is not driving at all and using public transportation.

Anonymous said...

I love all nature inspired colors, but tend to find autumn (greens, browns, russet, orange, yellows, red, etc.) to be my most favorite.

Our recent "go green" project has been to set up 55 gallon rain barrels to use for watering in place of city water via our hose, and purchasing re-useable water bottles. This should help cut back our water use dramatically this summer, and keep unnecessary plastics out of our landfills.

Thanks for the chance to win.

God Bless,
Barb

swsolo AT charter DOT net

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...