28 January 2008

Bloggy Giveaway Carnival - Winter Edition

Photobucket


There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get this posted!

Anyway...I am going to giveaway dishcloths again. Three of them - to one lucky winner! However, this time they are going to be crocheted - which I enjoy so much more than knitting (and I'm faster at it too). The other difference is that I want you to know that they have been made just for YOU. How am I going to accomplish this? Well, in your comment, please tell me what color(s) you would want as well as if you want the pattern to match for all three or if you like variety. Your color choice can be based on matching your kitchen or simply pick your favorite. I will be using my new favorite book - and based on your response will either make three of the same or not (NOTE: ultimately pattern choice is up to me since I am the one crocheting them!).

Following the guidelines of the contest, here are the nitty-gritty details:

1. This is open to anyone (blogger or non-blogger) with a US shipping address. You just need to include a valid email with your comment so that I am able to contact you.

2. Comments will be open until Saturday, February 2nd, midnight EST.

3. The winner will be selected randomly using the random number generator at random.org and then contacted via email.

4. Valid comments will include color choice as well as pattern preference (all 3 the same or different). To view some samples of my handiwork, I have posted snapshots of a variety of dishcloths I have made and am now using. Note that you are not limited to these color schemes (the only limitation will be the supply at my local craft store). It simply gives you an idea about style.

153 comments:

Anonymous said...

I crochet but I haven't made any dishcloths -- I'd love to win some from you! Please enter me!
Come by and see the Afghan I'm giving away --

Melissa said...

I am a crocheter/beginner knitter, and it is so nice to hear another fellow crafter favor crocheting! I am really struggling with the knitting.

I'd love some dishcloths in yellow, green, and light pink. I like your first pattern, but any style would be great.

Thanks for entering me in your drawing!

Momala said...

I love knit dishcloths! I'd love red and cream. Any pattern. Thanks!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Not picky about style at all. I have a mustard, white and red kitchen. This is a great idea - maybe next time around I'll find something I can contribute to the fun. Right now, I'm too busy homeschooling and purging closets and cabinets :)

And Go Giants :)

*~hj~* said...

i'd like to win! dark red, turquoise, and brown are good. any design!

carol said...

I LOVE these homemade dishcloths! I make them myself and have given away so many. It'd be nice to have someone else make them for me for a change!

I'd even leave the color and pattern chose totally up to you! I'd be happy just to win them!

Patty said...

I love the green, yellow, blue dish cloth. It would match perfect in my kitchen. Thank you for this giveaway.
Patty

Searching For Simplicity said...

Oh if you could only see my dishclothes you would know how badly I could use these LOL. I would be happy with any style or color! My email can be found at my blog profile. Thanks!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

i would love some with creams, browns and blues - and any pattern is fine. thanks so much!

MTherese said...

Navy blue and white would be nice. All your patterns are beautiful.

Jessica said...

I love crochet'd dish cloths. I'd love green and blue ones.

Geri said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Please count me in !
gerijones64@hotmail.com

I like the 1st pattern and the 1st color combo!

Jes@beautyfromchaos said...

oh, these are great! I love crochet dishcloths. Any pattern is fine, they can all be different. I like all colors, just not white or cream, they get dirty too easily! :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful giveaway! if I could pick, I would choose Red and Cream with different designs! Thanks so much for such a generous giveaway!
sblilly14(@)yahoo(.)com

Livin' Life said...

This is awesome TCC! So what the hay! I would go for navy blue with cream. Not picky. This is so much fun you might have to tell me how you did this so I could put out something woven next time!!!

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

I always need dishcloths!

CrystalGB said...

This would be nice. I would choose navy blue and white.

GreenStyleMom said...

I am just learning to crochet so these would be a great inspiration! I like red dishclothes!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those look so nice! My kitchen is in a pink and blue scheme with pink roses (I can point you to a picture on my blog if I win). I'd like a variety of different patterns. Thanks for using your talents in this way!!

HilLesha O'Nan said...

I love the green and purple. Thanks for the giveaway :)

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

If I won I'd like red and yellow in an assortment! Thanks for the giveaway!

sassy2 said...

Anything with red or purple!!! They are beautiful.

Queen B said...

Love them! I'd like lime green, yellow and red. They are great!!

Karen said...

I love these! I am trying to go more green with my cleaning (I just wrote a big post about BioKleen products) and I'm trying to get away from paper towels being used for everything!
Colors? Well, our house is done is a sort of wilderness lodge motif (you know, moose, and evergreens, and chickadees, and even a jackalope) so probably greens/creams/light browns. I'd want all of them to be a bit different because it's always nice to have variety! I've looked at your samples and I like the ones having a closer weave (not holey) ;)
Thanks for this contest!!!
Awesome giveaway!

Barb said...

My kitchen is papaya, red, brown and black. Any of those colors would do. I love color! Please pick me!

Someone Being Me said...

I would love to win these. My kitchen is light blue and light green. I'm not picky on the design.

Awesome Mom said...

I love blues and greens. I also enjoy variety in my patterns. This is an awesome prize!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Your work is gorgeous. I really would love to learn to crochet. I just started knitting again and am working on my second washcloth to relearn how to purl. Thanks for the great giveaway!

Please feel free to stop by my giveaway.

TheAngelForever
http://www.theangelforever.com/?p=390

Heather said...

What a great treat! My kitchen is blacks and browns. I'm adding in burgandy accents.

Krazy Klingers said...

You are so talented! I love the purple, green and tan one!!!! I tried to crochet once and was horrible then I tried to knit a scarf and it looked so bad no one knew what it was. I gave up and look to people like you who are actually good at it!

mama k said...

I'd love bright colors (Blue, Lime, Purple or others are fine too) And three different patterns please!
mamaknj @ msn dot com

Andrea said...

I'm a fan of any shade of blue...any pattern!

Wendy said...

Great giveaway:) Count me in!

Unknown said...

These kind of dish cloths rock, they are the best... I like all colors.

Pam said...

I love purple! I don't have a preference on design- all the same or different- it is up to you!

Promises said...

I would like to win the first, second and fifth patterns and as far as colors go - I like the blue that you used, and a green would be nice too. Really, any pattern is fine.

I hope that I win! :)

Nashvillians Now said...

How beautiful! I would love some towels featuring: burnt orange, cream, red, and browns. Very fall colors. Thanks for offering such a wonderful giveaway!

peg42 said...

What a great contest. I'd love yellow and dark green's if I won. Thanks for offering this contest.

T'aowyn said...

I am just in awe of the skill it takes to crochet or knit.
This one matches my kitchen colors.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_Dx5hRzffDA4/R531R3apjDI/AAAAAAAAAJk/V58qmDtsqq8/s1600-h/DC+-+blog+2.jpg


taowyn (at) gmail (dot) com

Sweetpeas said...

How fun! My kitchen is ivy, so dark green & white, but I love all shades of green, so surprise me LOL. Variety of styles sounds fun, but if it's easier to do them all the same I'd be happy with that too :) (aren't I easy to please)

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness! My friend used to make these and I've always wanted some. Thanks for the great giveaway -- count me in!

Anonymous said...

I would love some crocheted dishcloths. I can crochet but I've never attempted these.

I would love red if I win.


Thanks for the giveaway!

Stop by my place to win a bath set & candles or one of two copies of a book I'm giving away.

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings

The Chatty Housewife said...

I love crochet dish cloths. My kitchen color is blue, any shade! I like variations. :)

nw_wife(at)hotmail(dot)com

Teri said...

How nice! Hand made kitchen towels are the best! My kitchen is done in reds and blacks! :)

Momof4 said...

Wow, yours are the fanciest dishcloths I've ever seen. I like the first 3 patterns you had in the photo link. The ones with the large scallops are pretty but they're the only sort I've ever seen.

My kitchen is sage green with antiqued color fruit accents (plums, apples, etc.) Whatever floats your boat, it's your yarn! Sage would be a good starting place, though, if I win. Thanks for offering this giveaway!

Mommy said...

Please count me in your contest. The colors in my kitchen are Apples and soft green. So you find something that matches that! ;-) Thank you for offering such a nice prize! :)

Anonymous said...

What an original idea! If I win, I'd like some combination of green, red, and yellow, please!

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Definitely the variety pack for me. I love these. How about something pink? Maybe that will inspire my dd to help me??

Saph said...

I would love to win!!! I really like the 1st and 5th design on your sampler page. I like the patterns that are denser and not so open in the pattern. =) I really like purple/lavender, blue and white.

JoAnn said...

Oh, I so need some more dishclothes but I haven't had time to make myself any. I'd love a medium cornflower blue or a varigated.

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway! I need dishcloths! Do you have any red?

teri said...

They are similar to some I have and I love them! I like creams and browns, but I will use anything.

goodstewards.wordpress.com said...

Count me in! Would love burgundys, greens, white...

Britni said...

I don't really know what fabric types there are but I would like either black or red!

Qtpies7 said...

I love the purple and sage green one you did! Super pretty! I am not picky, though, I don't have a theme at the moment. I want to use the fat chef things, but I still haven't taken down the dumb strawberry border from moving in 2 years ago.

Anonymous said...

We all use dishcloths, and handmade ones would be lovely.

Re said...

great contest! count me in! I like dark colored dish cloths -- they hide a multitude of things.. any pattern is fine.. red, black, brown towels are ideal for me.

Jewel said...

They look wonderful and I can always use more dishcloths!! Sign me up! here_after2000@yahoo.com

jayedee said...

great giveaway! please throw my name in the hat! good luck everyone!

Fiddle D. Dee said...

I love these dishcloths! I would like blue and white in my color scheme! Any pattern! Thanks for the offer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds Great
Enter me please for the giveaway!
palmersf@comcast.net

Melissa said...

Very nice!

If I win, surprise me! There is no rhyme or reason to the colors of my dish clothes!

Angela said...

Oh I would love these!! Pink for me please! solid pink or pink and brown or pink and white...I am easy as long as includes PINK!!!! I like all of your designs so which ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, make mine blue,green, and yellow, or something of that nature! All different patterns, please! Kat

wisdomseekers(at)verizon.net

Bree said...

I'd love black and tan ones! All different, please!

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway! I would choose yellow and green because my kitchen is in sunflowers! monk5@charter.net

Jenna said...

Very cool. My kitchen is red, beige, and tan. I'd love this!

Rachie S. said...

tan and cream!
Thanks for such a great giveaway!

Genevieve P said...

I'd pick red, yellow, and green--all different patterns. Great idea!

Hélène said...

I would pick solid bright yellow, bright pink and purple.

Heather said...

I love the mossy green/ blue shades! Suprise me!

Anonymous said...

I could always use dishcloths. I would like colors that would go with my fruit-themed kitchen: apple reds (or greens), lemon yellows, stuff like that. I like variety in patterns.

susan1215 said...

I like all of the colors and patterns so suprise me.

Hootyboosmom said...

Ok, I love to crochet, but have yet to crochet for myself, it usually goes to everyone else!! :o) I'd love to have some handmade dishcloths. My kitchen is red, blue, yellow and green (kinda rooster-like colors)! I love all different patterns, so you can surprise me, whatever you would like to make! Thanks for such a great giveaway! the4moyers(at)msn(dot)com

Amy said...

I have been wanting some crocheted dishcloths since the ones my grandmother made all wore out. I love the textures ones and solid colors suit me best. Soft gray-greens, creams and cranberry work for me!

The Modest Momma said...

I love these!! I love pink and blue. I like to be different, so please make them different!

Sharon Stevens said...

I love these, thanks for offering them. Please add me :-)

Peggie said...

I love crochet dishcloths. Nothing better!

Rebecca said...

I wish I could crochet. Since I can't I hope I win. I already know I'd love red and white. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I don't really have a "theme" for my kitchen yet... hopefully some day :) But I'm fond of browns and blues. Any pattern would be fine :)

Ginny said...

I'm not sure on the color I'd want. I'll have to think about it, if I win, if you don't mind. If you do mind, then I guess yellow, lol

Anonymous said...

My friend makes dishcloths and they are wonderful! I am not picky, any color would be fantasic!

Thank you!

art and nature [at] juno *dot* com

Jenna Z said...

I love all shades of green for my kitchen. Kelly green, avocado green, mint green, hunter green! And I like variety, it's the spice of life as they say!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them all! I have a few crocheted dishcloths from my 70 yo neighbor and I love them! They just make me smile!

Anonymous said...

I'd love rose and wine. I love crocheted dishclothes. I own one and it's by far my favorite! enter me please. ernestsgirl82@aol.com

Tracy DeLuca said...

oh. Dark green, brown and maroon. Any patterns!

seahagstudio said...

great giveaway prize!!the fifth one from the top was my favorite- i really liked that sage green and purply blue. i liked that stitch too. please sign me up!! thanks,tracy

PS said...

I love anything homemade! I wish I could crochet!

Anonymous said...

I love crochet dishcloths! My favorites colors for my kitchen are yellow and blue!

Thanks for having a fun giveaway!

Lucy said...

They are so lovely. I like yellows and blues and would like a variety of patterns. Thanks.

lucycontest at gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Purple would be nice to have!!

laura_licious101(at)hotmail(dot)com

The Mom of 'em said...

it seems I always am in need of dish cloths and dish towels. thank you!

Tes283 said...

Green, lots of healing green. I enjoy both knitting & crocheting. DO not know how to read patterns. I just see something and try to copy it.
Please use some pretty patterns. I enjoy trying to figure out more complected patterns.
Thank you for having this great Give-a-way.

Anonymous said...

im not picky about the design
id love anything in orange yellow or purple ;)
mom2boys42@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to have crochet dishcloths. What a nice giveaway!! Please count me in.

Jen said...

I would love to have these....orange would be y favorite....that is the color of my kitchen....count me in

Sarah said...

I wish I knew how to crochet. If I won, I would like a variety of patters. My kitchen is a color called "Flower Pot", it's kind of a terracotta with sage green, burnt orange and red accents. I'd love soemthing that would work with that.

Thanks for the chance to win.

Virginia said...

How funny that I was going to ask for green, yellow, and blue, and I got over to your pictures and saw several with that color scheme. I prefer a mix of patterns. Have to keep life interesting.

phxbne said...

Thanks for your giveaway!

threelilmnms said...

These would make a special addition to my kitchen - which is mostly green - yellows and browns match, too. Thank you for hosting and making your giveaway so special! Leinani
www.heartofwisdom.com/PUREANDSENSIBLE/

Anonymous said...

Mauve in a variety

Jennifer said...

These are neat! As for colors... I like white (if you can bleach this sort of thing), teal, turqoise, blue, gree, not really that picky. And if the colors match, then 3 different patterns is fine with me!

Anonymous said...

My favorite color is blue so blue and white would be great and any style would be great. Thanks

Please enter me . katie_mmartin [at] yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Love to have them in yellow with a variety of designs
betty
bgdrody@wildblue.net

Joanna said...

What a lovely giveaway! I think I'd like kind of a hunter's camo color scheme. And the pattern would be entirely up to you, and if they were all different, that would be nice.

Many thanks!

Caroline said...

I love bright, somewhat girly colors - purple, blue, red, pink. Thank you!

noreen said...

Pinks and blues, same of different, make whatever feels like fun :)

Krista said...

Yay, fun! I like blue and yelloe or cranberry and yellow. And variety is good!

Christine said...

These are great. I would love cream color with any accent color, and I love variety. Surprize me. Thanks

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

I like a variety of BLUES! Thanks for the cool contest.

Anonymous said...

I like purple and green anyway you wanna do them.

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Too many decisions! I really like pink and lime green together, red and cream together, and turquoise. As far as patterns are concerned, I like all of the ones on your sample page, so I think I'd like anything you made!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to have PINK ones!
Cass

athankfulmommy@aol.com

Anonymous said...

My aunt knits dishcloths and I have yet to get any from her - so have always wanted some!

I love greens and blues in any pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love these dishcloths, I've always wanted some. I'd like mine in bright colors like turquoise, lime green, yellow, orange, etc. I like the tight weaves the best, but whatever you'd like is fine by me!

Chastity said...

I don't know the names of patterns, but I like the first pattern in your sample pictures. I also love red, black, navy, white...really any color.


chas779@gmail.com

Granola said...

I love sage green, cream, or chocolate. It would be fun to have different patterns but I'm not picky. Thank you!

Karen said...

This is just in time! My DH and I were just discussing tonight that I need new dishcloths, as mine have worn holes in them! My kitchen is Blue/White, but anything would be fine and WAY better than what I have, LOL:) I don't know how to knit/crochet so I am not familiar with any patterns...one day though I am determined to learn! Thank you so much.

kpuleski at gmail dot com

osugrad said...

I would love three different patterns (variety is the spice of life). Any colors would make me so happy. If you have green, red, or yellow, those would be great.
Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Kathie said...

please count me in

you da mom! said...

that's awesome! please count me in. can't wait, thanks! sage and chocolate are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I'd love these in black and red (I have touches of yellow in there, too) to match my kitchen and a variety would be fun. :)

Thanks for the chance to win! :)

adashofsassitude(at)gmail(dot)com

redmom3 said...

Love Love Love the Lavender, Purple and Green

Anonymous said...

I'm currently trying to crochet a dishcloth, and it keeps turning into a trapezoid!
My fave colors are blue and green. However, when I get new dishes, I'm hoping they'll be white with pink/red accents, so either of those colors would be great!

Tanya said...

I would love to win these. I love all the patterns (maybe partially because I don't knit or crochet so they all look impressive!). My favorite color is red.

Jon and Sarah said...

So crafty. I would love dishclothes in yellow or red.

Lisa Garner said...

I would love to win handmade dishcloths! Thanks for the great giveaway!

Romie said...

This sounds great - please count me in.

Theresa N. said...

I'd love to win this! Thank you!

Beth said...

Great idea for a giveaway, thanks for entering my name! I'd love blue and white.

Linda SS said...

These are so useful. My kitchen is grapes so my favorite colors would be purple and yellow-gold.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I might actually not mind handwashing dishes with these inspiring dish cloths! I'd love them!

My name is Michelle. said...

I love this. Anything light brown or sage green. Or just white or off white. :)

Summer said...

pink and green :)
any color :)

Uniquely Yours said...

My mother made me one and it has become my favorite dishcloth.

Anonymous said...

I love crocheted dish cloths! Anything with green or burgundy/dk.red is good. Or any other color would really be fine - I'm not that picky!
Kimberly
kimmmtt@yahoo.com

Cmerie said...

thanks, I don't have a color preference, my kitchen is eclectic

Mary said...

Dark green! Thank you!

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Im from canada,so you dont have to add me to the draw, but I just wanted to stop by & tell you Im relly enjoying your blog!
Blessings!
Ang

Anonymous said...

My kitchen has no color, but I love blue, so that's what I'd pick!

Unknown said...

I like the pattern on the second dish cloth and the colors I like would be purple, or hot pink

paryjeja said...

orange or yellow
3 different patterns (I like variety)

craftytammie said...

I'd love some in yellow or red or green, for my kitchen. Variety is nice too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh, I love the design of the turquoise cloth and also the shell pattern on the green/purple/tan cloth...as to colors...I have to go with the turquoise again. I also love olive or muted greens. I love variety if I win.

These are so pretty; you're so talented!

Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh, I love the design of the turquoise cloth and also the shell pattern on the green/purple/tan cloth...as to colors...I have to go with the turquoise again. I also love olive or muted greens. I love variety if I win.

These are so pretty; you're so talented!

ltesau at hotmail dot com

Angela said...

I love fun colors, green, purple, pink, blue, hold the yellow unless its in tiny bits (i really do not like yellow), I have a young son and alot of our stuff is a pretty happy rainbow of colors other than that 3 diffrent ones would be fun.. and you can choose the colors as long as its bright and FUN!

Amity said...

Ummm..all 3 different and colors. Spring colors but pastels ones..like light purple,pink, mint green ....

Shama-Lama Mama said...

A friend of mine makes these and uses them, too, and I think they are just genius! What a savings on paper towels and such, and just toss them in the washer? Genius!

I love the solids, and the half and half one is really pretty. I don't have a color scheme in my kitchen... but I love fall colors: burgundy, brown, mustard, hunter green, navy, etc.

Thanks!

Belinda said...

I love all of the patterns. The colors yellow, green, and blue are my picks.

Anonymous said...

I'm not picky on a pattern, but I'd love to have them in red or dark green colors to match my kitchen decor.

partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

Melissa said...

abiesx4I would love these! I don't have a favorite pattern, etc, but I like pink, purple, and shades of those colors!
MamasBabiesx4@gmail.com

jennifer57 said...

my favorite color is all shades of blue. Any pattern would be cool :)

Mrs. Aceto said...

I liked the patten that was like shells in the purple green, tan and gray. I just think they all look nice and would like them in any pattern or color to be honest. Though I suppose the tighter patterns hold up best?

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...