
For those of you that are actually looking for a book to read, I apologize because it obviously isn't that type of book. There is reading but it's merely to instruct you on how to crochet dishcloths.
I like to crochet. I confess it is probably some means of therapy for me. I've noticed that at times crocheting has been a stress reliever. It also is a quick means for a sense of completion - especially with these dishcloths. And, I admit, I am a goal-oriented person. I can get one of these babies done in about an hour. Definitely cannot get the laundry done in an hour. BUT I can start a load of laundry and have it dried and folded and put away - meanwhile crocheting at least one dishcloth. How's that for multi-tasking? Alright, it can probably just be chalked up to another quirk that makes me TCC. I see you all...rolling your eyes...
On another note, I remember my Gram always used dishcloths. She never ever used a sponge. I appreciate the value of the dishcloth. You use it and then wash it so that it can be used again. You alleviate the bacteria build-up that can occur in a sponge. It will take a very long time (like maybe decades) before a good dishcloth needs to be replaced. So, it's also environmentally friendly - I am definitely a fan of that!
However, prior to the discovery of this book (which I bought at Michael's with a 40% off coupon) the only patterns I was aware of to make dishcloths involved knitting. I can knit and have actually made quite a few dishcloths in this manner but it just wasn't fun for me. I don't know if the actual task of knitting was the problem or the lack of patterns. Regardless, my interest was waning.
So, even though I liked the concept of using dishcloths rather than a sponge, I was still using a sponge - because I gave away all of the hand knit dishcloths.
Until now.
It has been two weeks since I purchased this book and I think I have made over 20 dishcloths! Barber and Jeter really liked them too and asked for a couple to be made for them as washcloths. How could I say 'no' to those cute little faces?!?
I cannot help but smile as I read these verses - except I insert 'cotton' and 'crochet needle' accordingly.
I like to crochet. I confess it is probably some means of therapy for me. I've noticed that at times crocheting has been a stress reliever. It also is a quick means for a sense of completion - especially with these dishcloths. And, I admit, I am a goal-oriented person. I can get one of these babies done in about an hour. Definitely cannot get the laundry done in an hour. BUT I can start a load of laundry and have it dried and folded and put away - meanwhile crocheting at least one dishcloth. How's that for multi-tasking? Alright, it can probably just be chalked up to another quirk that makes me TCC. I see you all...rolling your eyes...
On another note, I remember my Gram always used dishcloths. She never ever used a sponge. I appreciate the value of the dishcloth. You use it and then wash it so that it can be used again. You alleviate the bacteria build-up that can occur in a sponge. It will take a very long time (like maybe decades) before a good dishcloth needs to be replaced. So, it's also environmentally friendly - I am definitely a fan of that!
However, prior to the discovery of this book (which I bought at Michael's with a 40% off coupon) the only patterns I was aware of to make dishcloths involved knitting. I can knit and have actually made quite a few dishcloths in this manner but it just wasn't fun for me. I don't know if the actual task of knitting was the problem or the lack of patterns. Regardless, my interest was waning.
So, even though I liked the concept of using dishcloths rather than a sponge, I was still using a sponge - because I gave away all of the hand knit dishcloths.
Until now.
It has been two weeks since I purchased this book and I think I have made over 20 dishcloths! Barber and Jeter really liked them too and asked for a couple to be made for them as washcloths. How could I say 'no' to those cute little faces?!?
I cannot help but smile as I read these verses - except I insert 'cotton' and 'crochet needle' accordingly.
She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.~Proverbs 31:13, 19
4 comments:
How about those Giants!!!! I am excited for anyone who beats Dallas!! Just had to stop by and say Congrats!!! :)
Go Giants!
~Sandy
Hey there, can you make those double ply round scrubbies with that plasticized yarn? I'd pay good money for those.
You are too funny! I forgot that Gramma used dishcloths to wash dishes, but you brought that memory back to me!
Another hint for the sponge - microwave on high for 2 minutes and that kills the bacteria in it!
Stephanie,
I probably could...I think I would need to see it to see for sure and then find a pattern. :)
Post a Comment