11 January 2008

5...it really is a special number

Brady is now home with his Mommy, Daddy and new baby brother (who is the cutest little baby I know!!!). They were discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon.

Thank you for your words of encouragement as I ventured on this adventure. I thought I was doing quite well and was actually enjoying myself...until yesterday morning. What do they say? Pride cometh before the fall?

Simms had been bringing Jeter to the bus stop in the morning (yes, I know that made my job easier) until yesterday. He had to get to work early so I needed to get all three boys dressed and ready for the day (Simms did help a bit with the getting dressed part and taking care of the dog). I was so proud of myself when I got all three boys into our car ready to go to the bus stop - which, yes, is just around the corner but we weren't going to walk there or even deal with a stroller. Everything was great until I was backing out of the driveway and the realization hit me...

...amidst having the sippy cups of milk and blankets and verifying that Jeter had his backpack I only grabbed the keys to the car rather then my purse because, you know, I was only going around the corner anyway.

5 reasons why this wasn't good - which I kind of find ironic because I was temporarily living as a family of 5. And, if it is of any interest, this is the exact order of my realization which probably took less than 5 seconds to get through.

The house was locked and I didn't have the house keys.

I didn't have my cell phone to call anyone for help.

My parents were each scheduled to do something today and I didn't know what time they were leaving.

My gas light came on.

I didn't have my wallet to pay for gas because that was in the house that was locked and I didn't have keys for.

So, what did I do? I drove straight to my parents hoping to catch at least one of them before they left and told Jeter that if he missed the bus I would drive him to school (that would be after we stopped at home to get the wallet of course). Thankfully Grammie saved the day and we got to the bus stop with time to spare - I was able to pray with Jeter for his day, he gave hugs to Barber and Brady and still wasn't the last one on line.

Brady cheered for his cousin as the big yellow bus pulled away and thankfully the rest of the day went quite well!

3 comments:

Livin' Life said...

That is really horrible and funny at the same time. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

Saw your mom and dad yesterday at SOM and they are such proud grandparents. You are a great sis too for helping her out this week. I know what it is like to not have the help.:)

The Gang's Momma! said...

I feel your pain. I've done that same kind of thing so many times that it's become an obssession of mine to check and double check for the right keys. Glad to hear the whole thing ended well. LL is right, it's awful and funny. Does that make it awfully funny? :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a vintage "mom moment!"

Thank goodness for grammie living nearby. :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...