How much can you fit into a weekend? Better yet how do you keep up with everything that is going on? Well, one thing I use is a list. Surprised? No? Not really? That must mean you know me pretty well. Anyway, here is a list that updates you on what has been happening with us.
1. I got our taxes done this weekend. Yippee!
2. Jeter had coach pitch tryouts. They can't get cut at this age; the purpose is for the coaches to create well balanced teams - even out the playing field so to speak. We didn't know how Jeter would react to the uncertainty of it all. He has two friends that he really wants to play with but understands that may not happen. I was so proud of him when I learned from Simms that he (Jeter) prayed before the tryouts that God would select the team for him. Simms did say he prayed that he would be with his friends but also added that he trusted God. Wow! So proud.
3. Another moment when my emotions swelled was during church this weekend. Jeter was sitting about 6ish rows back in the children's worship room. Nothing out of the norm. I take care of the computer so I am in the back and see only the backs of the kids. Boy did my eyes fill with tears as I saw my Jeter - arms outstretched, not focusing on anything but our Lord! Simms told me he even had his eyes closed. I've had glimpses of his worshippers heart but haven't seen it like this before. I am totally in awe of our Lord and so grateful for the individual relationship that Jeter has with Him.
4. Barber and Jeter are brothers - and they definitely have similarities and differences. I just didn't realize that Barber would go through the various learning phases at the same time. Seriously. I don't know why but I thought that maybe because Simms and I are now "experienced" parents, somehow we would be able to avoid certain phases. Well, that is just silly isn't it? This weekend we learned that Barber responded to force with force; another child didn't want to share and hit Barber - and then Barber hit back. He was put on time out and was repentant (this was at church). Thank God. Simms and I spoke to him and reminded him of what an acceptable response would be. Later (when it was just the two of us), we couldn't help but recall when Jeter was almost three and responded to a little boy in a similar manner - and once again, Simms couldn't help but be secretively proud of his little boy for sticking up for himself! No doormats in this family...we just need to adjust the "how - to" of the response.
5. Simms' appointment went well - for those who are standing and praying with us on this. Next appointment is scheduled for March 6th. We appreciate your prayers.
6. Simms and I have gone "public" with our involvement in Shaklee. We still aren't the greatest sales people nor intend to improve that area of our lives - I'm just not a fan of the sales industry. But we have set up a web site that anyone can access and order whenever they want - and if you ever have any questions, we would be happy to answer them for you. I've used their products as long as I can remember - which is as early as first grade (taking vitamins) and Simms has used them since he married me! All of the products can be accessed through the general TCC's Wholesome Living site; products that deal with weight loss and management can be found here. The links are also in my sidebar.
7. I actually took some time yesterday to work on scrapbooking - specifically journaling. I have this great program by creating keepsakes that I love and makes the time I spend more efficient...until yesterday. My writing/typing was off on the journalettes (meaning the words were getting cut off on the left margin) and it is driving me crazy! I actually emailed the help-tech guys/gals about it. Needless to say, that was not the most relaxing/fulfilling hour that I thought it would be. Oh well.
8. I am working on another afghan...for Simms. His was one of the first afghans I made. My skill has since improved. He has requested that I make him one similar to the one that I gave to Promises and Dawson for Christmas. I have 1/3 of it completed as of this weekend.
And now...that we are all caught up on the nitty gritty of life, I need to go and wash dishes, get a load of laundry into the washer, get MIA paperwork completed, other cleaning to-do's, exercise and maybe run some errands. Thrilling stuff folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
Wow!!! I think I would have two things on my list and that would overwhelm me. Actually I do more than two things in a day but they are all so spontanious (can't figure out how to spell that)I could never put a list together. As long as the house isn't falling down, people are fed and the kids are not running around naked my Knight never asks any more what I do during the day. I make his analytical well organized brain hurt. :)
You are amazing.
By comparison, my weekend was completely dull. LOL
But I remember when mine were a lot like yours are now. Sometimes I wonder how I survived being so, so busy, every single weekend.
Post a Comment