20 April 2008

Revelation

Monday April 7, 2008

Not really that different of a day except that I was busy getting everything set for MIA while preparing my boys for their week long stay with Grammie and Poppy and getting the last details attended to for Simms' surgery the next day. Doesn't that sound like an ordinary-run-of-the-mill day to you?

While talking to God that morning I was referencing the picture I had in my mind - the woman asking for healing for her daughter. In her desperation asking for a meager crumb from the table - relating herself to a dog. I was asking for the scraps again when I heard God say "no". Now I have to admit that initially I was a little shell-shocked. No? That's not very nice and certainly not the answer I was looking for. But He continued...He spoke to my spirit saying "No, I will not give you scraps. You are not dogs. You are my daughter. Simms is my son. Come and eat at the Father's table where the food is plentiful."

It was at this point that I was flooded with His love. Every concern and anxious thought was washed away and peace overflowed.

Did the circumstances change? No. But something was very different.

I entered a new level of expectancy for Simms' healing.

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...