26 August 2007

Where Is Your Hope?

God is...well, God. No matter what we are going through. No matter what comes our way. He is still God.

Not very profound and yet, when we walk through tough stuff this truth can be forgotten - sort of. Or minimized. Do our mortal minds truly grasp what this means...who God is?!?

Do you ever feel overwhelmed? I know I can become overwhelmed by circumstances, responsibilities, schedules, keeping the home clean, laundry done, dishes washed, etc. And when my head is swirling in a tizzy the only thing that will really help is to regroup, refocus and move forward. But how exactly is that done? All I can tell you is what worked for me. Worship first and foremost. This helps me refocus. Yesterday my spirit was doing this for awhile before I realized it. So how do I regroup and move forward? By placing my hope in Him. Why? Because He is God.

Hope was the focus of today's message. Pastor also identified things that keep us from hoping. Fear was one - which essentially is saying that we don't believe that God is God. False humility was another. This happens when we believe that God can work on someone else's behalf but not our own. There are more but I left my notes in the car and if I go out there now the dog will start barking and potentially awake the family. I don't want that to happen. Regardless, the point is, Simms and I needed this. Not that I was doubting the sovereignty of God or the fact that I am His child but life is sometimes...well, not easy.

One cool part of the message is when Pastor began with a scripture from II Kings. Remember my thoughts here? That is the exact thing that he discussed today.

Final result? My hope was renewed. Circumstances haven't really changed but I know that He will help me with all the "stuff" on my plate right now. I know He hears my prayers and I know that I will be able to one day testify regarding Simms healing (I soooooooooooo look forward to this!). I know that no matter what we walk through individually or as a family, He will be with us. My hope is in Him and I desire to shoot every single arrow I've got.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Awesome post. Nomi also spoke of hope on her blog.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...