25 August 2007

The Aftermath

This is what is going on right now. We arrived home from New Jersey Thursday. Thank you for all of your prayers and kind words. You truly blessed our family.

I have lots to write about but after this week I need to regroup, refocus and move forward. Who would of thought that four days could drain you on so many levels? We actually drove a total of 12 hours over the course of 4 days...and the boys did great. They never complained. They enjoyed the time we had with family and even blessed the adults.

During the funeral service I gave Jeter a pencil and paper. He told me he wrote a poem for Great Grandpa.
Great Grandma
So good so sweet
I wish you were here today
Can I tell you how much I wanted to keep that poem myself? He also drew a picture of Great Grandma and put both in an envelope that said "I love you Great Grandpa Love Jeter"

I have spent the last couple of days praying for Great Grandpa (my heart aches for him), enjoying the smiles I have with the boys and attempting to restore order so that I can step forward and not continue to fall behind - or feel like I am. Sounds like I still need your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo sweet what Jeter wrote! Got to love his dear heart.

Your great grandma sounded like a wonderful Godly women, what a legacy.

Praying for all of you!

This Journey of Mine said...

Still praying for you all. Thanks for updating so we know which direction to head with our prayers.

Your on my heart today!

Much love

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...