Friendship...it is something that we need and desire. I believe there are many levels and types of friendships that exist filling a vast spectrum that ranges from acquaintance to Idon'tdoanythingorgoanywherewithoutyou.
Previous posts (here and here) demonstrate how close my family is and that our relationships are truly more than just flesh and blood - we are friends...the best of friends. Likewise, I have been blessed with some friendships where, even though we are not flesh and blood, they become "family-like" (is that even a word?). One such friend has recently joined the ranks of the blogging world as Schtikmomma. I have known her (barely acquaintance level) and her family for over seven years. It has only been within the last two years that we have been forming a friendship and more recently that her entire family is like-family to us (brother, sister, etc).
Her claim to fame is her sense of humor. She has truly been blessed with a gift to look at everyday life and find humor in it. But that trait merely scratches the surface of who she is. Schtikmomma has a heart for the Lord. She is a strong woman who is not afraid to get her hands dirty as she goes after the things of God. She is an amazing momma to three beautiful children who are unique and precious...and, yes, provide a great deal of "material" for her stories. The final member of this family is the man who has put a smile on her face (and maybe on occasion tears in her eyes) since high school (her husband).
The Campbell Corner officially welcomes The House That Jack Built and invites you to take a peek, visit and say hello.
**UPDATE: she is going by Say Anything rather then Schtikmomma.**
04 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
Thanks sweetie! You,your hubby and your kids are a treasure to us! Its a joy to be your "family".
Post a Comment