It was my sophomore year of college. I had just transferred from a big University to a small private college...looking forward to a smaller teacher to student ratio. I was a biology pre-med major. I had been through a week of classes and liked the smaller setting. I was about to see how the labs compared between the large university and this college. My first experience was zoology lab which met Monday evenings.
For the first lab, the professor broke us into groups. We asked and answered a number of questions - probably a form of "meet and greet". It was during this time that I met Simms. When we broke from the large group to lab partners for the dichotomous key lab, he asked me if I wanted to work with him. I said "sure" (he was - and still is - very cute) and we completed the lab. He made me laugh. After lab, when I walked back to my dorm room, I thanked God for allowing me to come to this college and meet some nice people, like Simms, who helped me laugh again. (My freshman year was rough...not really the point of this post)
Over the next 16 months, our friendship had some ups and downs but I wouldn't change a thing. Getting through each situation, we were able to set a strong foundation for our relationship. Without this, we would have never survived. We had different circles of friends - and to speak honestly, my friends did not like Simms and his were definitely not fond of me. However, because we always had at least one class together, our friendship continued. God allowed me to see something special in Simms...I knew a sensitive, tender-hearted man that desired to live his life for God. No words anyone spoke could take that away from me. I knew that I would either marry this man or someone who was just like him. Yes...at this point we were still just friends. However, in January of our junior year we started dating. We graduated the following year and were engaged the following October at Homecoming, and became Mr. and Mrs. Campbell 15 months later in January.
Today marks 13 of the most wonderful years of my life! Just like when we were friends, we have had to face some highs and lows...but we do it together. We started out as partners in a lab setting and the theme of teamwork is threaded throughout these past 17+ years.
I am so thankful that he asked me to be his True Companion...
15 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
I am so glad too! I am thankful to have JC as my brother! And I am so thankful that he is an amazing husband for my best friend!
I love you my Angel! Without you my life would be meaningless. Your love, devotion, caring and friendship has sustained me throughout the years. I am excited for each year that follows.
JC
Congratulations you two! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment