01 September 2010

Rollercoaster's are Supposed to be Fun

Two is Better than One by Boys Like Girls featuring Taylor Swift



This is the song that Simms and I are singing at my cousins wedding this weekend. We've been practicing throughout the summer and we are ready to go - Simms has his high notes down and I'm loving the alto part.

Part 2 of my Dad's treatment is tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I hate the fact that my emotions are up and down like a roller coaster. I can't even blame it on my monthly 'friend' and quite frankly I don't always know that something is going on inside of me (emotionally speaking).

What does the one have to do with the other. Directly, not a thing. Indirectly - everything. Simms came home from work today and popped in the music so we could practice. As soon as he started to sing my eyes began to well up with tears and I was wondering why I was being so effected this time. I tried to join him on the chorus ...maybe it's true that I can't live without you... and realized why I was such a wreck. Dad and Mom. My relationship with my Dad. My Mom and Dad's relationship. As much as this song could be sung about my cousin and her sweet fiance or Simms and I, I was thinking about this really cute couple I know who have loved each other through so much...and still do.

Not to worry cuz if you're reading this...I got it under control and sang fine later on this evening. Probably best that this hit me now rather then the day of the wedding.

Now if I can just get these emotions under control 24/7...

Thankfully I really do have the greatest, most understanding guy in the world and I truly can't imagine my life without him.


No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...