Inside his school folder there was an "FYI" stickie that informed me that he had to stay after gym class for a few minutes because the teacher had to talk to him about the "no kissing in school" policy.
Oh. My. Word.
Seriously?!? So guess who had the I know you are very caring and loving but you are not allowed to kiss anyone except your family (to which he began to list the family members) and eventually your wife talk? The difficulty is he doesn't get it. And really how should he - a 5 year old doesn't comprehend the intimacy of a kiss. He only knows that he is part of a family that gives and receives hugs and kisses. Thankfully what he does comprehend is that he needs to be obedient and there is no kissing anyone that is not family and that includes everyone from his school.
I'm thinking Daddy gets to reinforce this with Barber tonight.
2 comments:
Sigh. What a sweetie.
Did he at least pick another sweetie with which to share his sweetness?!
Sorry. I know. He shouldn't be kissing in school.
:P
I got in trouble in kindergarten for kissing a boy who did NOT want to be kissed so he ran to the teacher crying and told on me. My teacher was a friend of my mom's so when I got home I got "the kissing talk" and also a long list of who i could kiss. This made me reminisce.
Post a Comment