So what am I talking about? I'm talking about girls. And not just girls in general. The ones liking my boys. Specifically the ones I don't know (yet) who like my boys. More specifically - liking Jeter.
Ugh.
Tonight Jeter told me that a girl in his class wrote him a note. Wrote. Him. A. Note.
Did I just type that?
It said "I like you"
He wrote back "Why?"
Giggle. Snicker. He is such a boy.
She replied "IDK" which Jeter then translated for me "I don't know". And for the record I actually did know that.
Is that not such a "girl" response?
He then told me that another girl told him she liked him - not in a note - just told him. You may wonder where the conversation went from there...did we talk about girls and boys and all that stuff? Of course we did. I just don't have the stamina to write about all of that right now. I have always known about girls liking Jeter before. Usually their moms told me about it and he was clueless. But now? Now they (the girls) are telling him - in person and in writing and the only reason I know about it is because he told me.
Talk about the blessing of good communication with your kiddos.
1 comment:
Awwwww, what's not to like?!
When we were in China a little boy called our daughter. When her big brothers found out that it was a boy and why he called, they took the phone from her (she was good with that, feeling exceedingly awkward and in need of a rescue!) and informed him that LadyBug isn't old enough to receive calls from boys.
Heh. Heh. Poor kid was so scared and embarrassed he couldn't talk to LadyBug the next day. Heh. Heh.
Now I just need to find a "big stick" to deal with the rather forward girls who have decided my boys are "pretty sick." Which, apparently, is a good thing.
Post a Comment