Then Sunday, our Pastor encouraged us with a word about Faith that Changes Climates. He opened with Hebrews 10:36-39 - highlighting the following...
- to persevere because you will receive what he has promised.
- we need to live by faith and not shrink back
- believe and be saved.
He also referenced the parable about the seed and the sower and made the following distinction regarding growth - Some growth comes to those who hear the Word, understand the Word, and accept the Word as Truth, however 100% growth comes to those who hold fast to the Word. Essentially to persevere when everything else indicates no. To trust Him without time limits.
Sounds okay and ultimately it is the only way I know to survive. But sometimes....sometimes... this is just hard. Especially the "no limits" portion. It's easier to work through stuff when the light at the end of the tunnel can be seen - especially when you are goal-oriented like me. But how about when you can't see the light? You keep thinking, just around this turn or certainly we'll see it soon... So what happens when you don't? What happens when you think you are seeing the end only to have it appear to endlessly continue?
I don't really have any easy answers to these questions. All I know to do is stand - hold fast - pray. Even when I sometimes ask myself - is this enough? Can I/we survive this? Can I continue to endure? I'm tempted to think it would be easier to throw my hands up in defeat but something inside just won't let me do it. I can't. I won't. So I stand and keep moving forward. Choosing to trust without the limit of time and believing that He is true to His Word.
Just being real and raw here.
Will Not Be Moved by Natalie Grant
3 comments:
Yeah - I'm feeling similarly right now. Good, good post and song.
No matter what I will not be moved!
Wow. You took the thoughts right out of my brain! How did you do that??
I especially appreciated him sharing about following what the Lord tells you exactly even if it doesn't seem practical and the experience Sheri had with praying around the youth building.
Post a Comment