How ya doin'? Life a bit intense? It seems to me like a lot of people I know have been going through some pretty intense stuff - sickness, schedules, relationships, responsibilities - LIFE.
So how do you handle it?
Do you pull your covers over your head, tackle it head on or ride the wave? Not like these are the only options. I think this is how our responses are often classified. I sometimes would love to pull the covers over my head and sleep just 5 more minutes but am aware that is unrealistic. Mamas just don't have that option. So I pull myself out of bed. What's next? Well, I certainly am not going to tackle anything sleepy-eyed - a cup of coffee would be a good idea. Excellent in fact. Ahhhhh, that is sooooooooo good. Now I am ready to take it on and even ride this wave, or what I sometimes call a roller coaster.
Do you like roller coasters? I love 'em but I just realized something about myself this past weekend. Simms and I went to Hershey Park on a date with the goal to ride every roller coaster. We were almost successful. Decided not to wait on the 2+ hour ride for Fahrenheit. That will have to wait until next year. Anyway - back to my realization. Every time we were almost to get on the ride (front seat on most), it appeared that I took in a deep breath. Why? I don't know. I didn't even realize I was doing it. I guess I was psyching myself up for the craziness I was about to partake in.
This got me thinking. Do I do this with the real life stuff that happens? How do I prepare for the daily stuff that life brings? What does my deep breath look like when I psych myself up to handle life's roller coaster? Truth is it varies in details but largely consists of some combination of prayer and worship. I'll admit it - I cannot fathom handling the various stuff life has dished out, especially since April, without these two components.
So what tactic do you use regarding roller coasters - recreational or life's?
26 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
well, we have had the sickness thing in our house, and we prayed a lot and watched a lot of videos. I think that I have watched the movie cars about 3-4 times this week - I still really like it!
My emotions and responses can vary wildly when life gets overwhelming. Sometimes I am calm and able to prioritize and let things slide, other times I hide in a book or the computer.
And then there are the days where I completely fall apart or those where I fall apart inside but just keep pushing through.
The amazing thing is that all of this sometimes happens during the course of one day!
Post a Comment