16 September 2008

It's So (NOT) Hard To Say Good-bye

I know I haven't answered the burning question and it's long past tomorrow. I will. I promise. Just not today.

Today Barber started preschool. On the way I asked him how he wanted to say "good-bye". I am so not the Mommy that wants to ever embarrass her kids but they have to at least acknowledge me with a good-bye.

Me: So, how do you want to say good-bye? Do you want a high-five or sign I love you or do you want a hug? Whatever you want is fine with me.

Barber: Hmmm...I think that I want all of them.

Me: All of them? Are you sure? (This is so not what I was expecting)

Barber: Yes. I want all of them and I think I will tell you 'I love you' like I do when we say good-night.

Me: Okay. Whatever you want babe is a-ok with your mama.

Now...this is what really happened. He was so excited to be there that when it was time to say good-bye he turned long enough to give me a five, a quick hug while saying I love you and signing it at the same time. Then he was off and I left smiling.

I'm fine with one choice but if he wants to clump it all together like that I'll go with the flow. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

His verdict at the end of his day: Mrs. B is the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so glad he had a great time! Sounds like it will be a wonderful adventure for him. :)

Promises said...

That is awesome - go Barber! I enjoyed seeing his art project today! It is so much fun to watch him grow up...it sometimes makes me realize that I must have been a "handful" at times! :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...