20 August 2008

Steadfast in Faith

This past Sunday I walked into church and saw the title of the teaching - Faith That Won't Quit! My eyes immediately filled with tears. So many emotions. I cannot even name them all but essentially it felt like this title encapsulated my life with specific emphasis on the past 5 months. Simms and Rayda weren't there because they were away for the weekend but I attempted to fill them in when they returned Sunday night. I say attempted because I finally told them they just needed to listen to the podcast when it became available online.

For me the summarization is a quote from Andrew Murray "Your heart is your world." I really like that.

I also attempted to share the lyrics of one of the songs we sang during worship. While we were singing, for me the words became a prayer for Rayda. I couldn't remember the precise lyrics when I was talking to him Sunday night...but I got them now.

Marvelous Light by The Remnant

(Chorus)
Into marvelous light I’m running
Out of darkness, out of shame
By the cross You are the truth You are the life, You are the way

I once was fatherless, a stranger with no hope
Your kindness wakened me
Wakened me from my sleep
Now Your love, it beckons deeply
A call to come and die
By grace now I will come and take this life, take Your life

Sin has lost its power, death has lost its sting
From the grave You’ve risen victoriously (Chorus)

My dead heart now is beating
My deepest stain’s now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs; now I’m free, now I’m free
My dead heart now is beating
My deepest stain’s now clean
Your breath fills up my lungs; now I’m free, now I’m free

Sin has lost its power, death has lost its sting
From the grave You've risen victoriously (Chorus)

Lift my hands and spin around
See the light that I have found
Oh, the marvelous light, marvelous light (Repeat)




The video has the lyrics in it. I still posted them because they are powerful and some of you might not feel like listening to the video. If you do, please remember to pause the music in my sidebar. I just have to say the second verse regarding the heart and lungs - so powerful. Biologically speaking, all of the systems impact one another but the heart and lungs are so intricately involved and this is exactly where Rayda is struggling in the physical. My prayer is that God would bring forth complete healing in Rayda's life - today, specifically his heart and lungs. Love you bro!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're praying too!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...