Simms was given a clean bill of health after the second surgery June 2006 but he could tell that the stricture had returned by August 2006. I tried to encourage him to return to the urologist but he assured me that it wasn't that bad - he just couldn't go through another procedure like that and not have the problem fixed. His logic was "why bother if it isn't going to work? I've lived with this for over 35 years, I can handle it for another 35." I did not have a sustainable rebuttal and therefore was grateful that he promised to return (to a urologist) if there was any sign of infection or blood.
In October 2006 our church was visited by a pastor who spoke about healing. I wrote about it here. Something I didn't write about was how I related to one of the Biblical stories that was referenced during his message.
Mat 15:22- 28 KJV+
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshiped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
So...how did I relate? To her desperation in wanting to see a loved one healed. She wouldn't give up. She was relentless. Even after being rejected and kind of humiliated, she kept at it. I sometimes felt like I was a nag, constantly asking God to heal Simms. Sometimes I even felt rejected when day after day nothing changed.
I knew God heard my prayers and cries of desperation. Now what? I'll give you a hint...it deals with chocolate.
17 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on. I just got all caught up. I will pray for him and you. Prayer is powerful and God can heal him.
Post a Comment