27 October 2006

God Is Our Healer

Last night we went to church. It was for a conference with a guest pastor - the meetings are Wednesday - Friday. There wasn't child care available but I felt like our whole family should be there. So I was prepared - food, drink, sketch pads with pencils, Barber's blanket, larry boy plush toy, etc. We didn't get home until 10pm and no the boys didn't fall asleep in the car of the way home! I had to wake Jeter up this morning at 7:30 and get him ready in 30 minutes for school and Barber slept in until 8am!

So why did we do this?

Our weeknights are busy and we have young children, but when I heard that there was going to be prayer for healing something clicked inside me. I felt so strongly that Simms was supposed to go - that our entire family was to be there with him. Now, I know that it is not a person that does the healing - if it is going to happen, it is God. I am not one who is searching for any and every "healing service" to attend (frankly that would be quite tiresome!). At the same time my heart has been crying out for my husband to be made physically whole - once and for all - and I really believed that God had something planned for tonight. So I quickly prepared the family for the evening.

The service was outstanding! He defined faith in a new way for me (I probably like it because it resembles a mathematical formula). He said faith = revelation + personal conviction + action. He admitted that he doesn't know the why's/how's/who's/what's regarding healing and simply shared what God has shown him. His focus was on faith and the role that it plays when God heals. Sometimes the person who is healed is full of faith, sometimes it is someone entirely different who has faith for said person to be healed.

Simms was prayed for - and he took action (checked for the healing). No evidence of healing at this time. That is hard. That is when I have to remind myself of this. I know Simms is tired of asking for prayer and not seeing results - tired of feeling disappointed. He knows that God is his healer and it can happen anytime and anywhere. He is right. Because God is God. He is the one that is in control - even regarding this. I don't pretend to know the pain Jeter experiences daily - a reminder that he is still not healed. I don't know why I felt that last night was going to be special/different. BUT I cannot and will not give up.

If you are reading this and feel quickened to stand with me in prayer for Simms' complete healing, please do. Pray that God makes him whole. As far as details are concerned, I can tell you that his pain is chronic and that he has had 2 major surgeries with only temporary relief. The condition is not life threatening - directly anyway.

God Is Our Healer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be standing in prayer for JC

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...