Last week I was dealing with laundry. I actually spent Tuesday and Wednesday at my Mom and Dad's cleaning clothes and researching what to get and where.
Simms and I made our purchase this past Saturday and I am VERY excited. I have to tell you I cannot believe the difference in prices from place to place. (sometimes as much as $1000 - even after price matching. Don't be fooled - pay attention to warranties, installation, delivery, etc.) I won't tell you the competitor's that didn't even come close because well...that would just be mean. BUT I will tell you who we purchased from and why. Harris TV and Appliance at the Camp Hill site is amazing - not because of ambiance or their snazzy website but because of service. Simms went in on Thursday and told the gentleman what we were looking for - washer, gas dryer and we decided to get the dishwasher too! Do you see me doing the happy dance? I am - really I am. Oh...and I've linked to the whirlpool site so you are seeing the msrp not what we paid. Anyway, he wrote down the msrp and then quoted what he could do it for including installation and delivery in that cost. They also provide excellent rates for extended warranties and they service it themselves (lower than anyone else and for a longer term). And if you're concerned because they are a small privately owned business - think again. They've been around for over 47 years!!! Maybe everyone else knows about this place but for me, it was like the discovery of the best kept secret.
So what does this have to do with Tackle It Tuesday? Well...I am expecting my new washer and dryer this Friday and I'm not exactly sure when the dishwasher is coming - should hear today. I am getting the house ready for the delivery men - making sure they have plenty of room to get my washer/dryer down to the basement without getting scratches on it. :)
But first...I'm off to see Promises - Brady and Barber have definitely been missing each other. Oh - and for the record, Promises and Dawson were the ones to share their discovery of Harris with us.
If you're interested in what others are tackling today visit 5 minutes for mom and check out those links!
5 comments:
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear why you went with Harris instead of the competitor.
I've been telling Hubby about the washer & dryer that you are getting. he would love to get new also, but we can't right now. He says "put it on your wish list."
Isn't it funny how new appliances can totally make your day! They do make life so much easier though!!!
Stop on by anytime. I'll make you a glass of iced tea. Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com
Why do we complain so much about housework, but then glory in getting something that means we have to do housework? It's a riddle for sure!
Great job finding what you wanted and at a good price!!
Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy those!
We got all of our appliances from Harris when we did the kitchen over. I LOVE them. I was also shocked how much cheaper they were than the competitors, and their service totally seals the deal.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment