18 March 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


What am I tackling today? L-A-U-N-D-R-Y

You know...my most favorite thing in the world! Yeah, right. And because it is my most favorite thing I am completely baffled by the fact that we are all running out of our undergarments.

Here's my problem. My dryer is done. Toast. No.More.Heat. I've been in denial for awhile but when a load is not dry after 3 hours at the hottest level it's time to face reality. Now, I can do without a dishwasher but I can only handle the improvise for this (no dryer) on a short term basis. Simms and I will be shopping for a new washer and dryer this week! (I'm not really upset about this). In our fourteen years of married life I have never bought a washer or a dryer - which really means I've never experienced this in my lifetime. I really want one of these and one of these but we have to make a decision - and soon (any advice or experience you have would be great!). We currently have a gas dryer but can go either way - need to figure out (with today's economics considered) which one it truly more efficient. Obviously the ones we have were part of the deal when we bought the house so they've lasted a good 15 years (according to how old they were when we bought the place) and we have never experienced the new technology that's out there.

But I digress...

So, how am I to tackle my growing mountain of laundry??? Did I tell you how wonderful it is that my Mom and Dad live a 1/2 mile around the corner from us? So...with their permission (I still need to call them this morning and ask ;) ), Barber and I are going to invade their home today with quite a few loads of laundry to tackle. It works out because Simms is helping my Dad fix his toilet downstairs tonight. Our family is like that - we help each other out.

So...what will I do while their washer and dryer are doing their thing? I'm thinking probably some crocheting and maybe some good conversation over a nice cup o' coffee. I'm actually looking forward to doing the laundry now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently purchased the Samsung frontloaders and I really like them. There are several brands worth looking into and checking features and prices. I feel the clothes are cleaner, there not being twisted by that agitator and I use less detergent and softener. I also use less water.

Good luck with your decision! Have fun!

Emily said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Laundry is so much better when you have someone to help you, I mean, talk to while folding.

Have a good day! Sorry I have no advice on a dryer. Ours came with the house also.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

It's so nice to have family close by. I get overwhelmed by all the dryer choices out there - when it was time for a new one I just told my husband to make sure it was energy efficient. Have fun folding!

Melissa said...

One of my favorite housework things to do is grab a huge basket of unmatched socks and sort them when friends come over. I've been told by all my friends who help me do this that no family should ever own that many socks in a lifetime! What can I say? I like socks!

I really like my washer and dryer, but they came with my house, too. They are the Maytag Neptune series and all digital.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm doing laundry, too! I kind of let it go this weekend because we were sooo busy...so now I need to play catch up! Hope you get yours all done!

The Apron Queen said...

I love chatting on the phone while doing laundry. It makes a mindless & boring task go so much easier & quicker.

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Tarrah said...

I really LOVE my front loader washer. You don't have a balance issue very often, it uses way less water and your clothes come out just damp. I would highly recomend looking into the industrial ones though. Now that we have kids, I'm regretint not making that decision. Laundry just never stops :)

Have a great time, I wish I had family close like that.

Krazy Klingers said...

Mr. Clean and I purchased the whirlpool front loaders in November when both our washer & dryer went within the same week. I heart them and love doing laundry now. Plus we save on the water bill and the gas bill because they are so efficient!

The Gang's Momma! said...

I love my front loaders. We bought ours 3.5 years ago, Whirlpools, when we moved here. And ours are stacked, to conserve floor space in our laundry room. I love them.

I can wash all of Shaggy and Dr. D's colors for one week in one load. I love them. I've gone from 8-10 loads a week in my old, smaller top loaders to 4 or 5 a week. That includes all our towels and whites for the week too. I love them.

Have I mentioned how much I love my Whirlpool front loaders? :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...