18 March 2008

Invasion of the Pink Puppy


Anyone for a pink puppy cake? My girlfriend ordered a puppy cake for her daughter's 2nd birthday. She wanted it to be pink. Initially I searched for a cake pan because that would have alleviated step #2 of the process (#1 mix and bake cake, #2 put cake together, #3 decorate cake) but alas no pan was found that I liked or was worth the cost. So...what's a baker to do? Well...I baked some cakes (rectangular and round) and then carved them and put them together with my homemade icing. That was the step #2.

Ultimately I think that this venture was a success, especially after my friend emailed me photos of her daughter smiling as she was eating her cake! YUM!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Ahhhhh! I want a pink puppy cake for my birthday!!

Well done!

Stephanie said...

Of course, I would be the one that appreciates the construction of the pink puppy. Good job!

Emily said...

That's awesome! You have an amazing talent.

Did you ever watch the show "Ace of Cakes"? (one of my favorite shows on the Food Network)

Tarrah said...

Way too cute! I didn't know you did this :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Cute and yummy! What more could a two year old want? Or a 38 year old? :)

Write From Karen said...

What a SWEET (get it? hehe) puppy cake! You did a GREAT job shaping that puppy (get it? hehe).

Seriously, that icing looks to die for! I ... must ... have a ... lick ...

Ack! Someone stop me! lol

Write From Karen

Jenileigh said...

MMMM I like it!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...