07 February 2008

Just Being Mommy

Time. It seems like it flies by and yet can sometimes drag on forever. We also place value to it - sometimes willing to pay an expert to complete something because it will save us on time.

That being said, here is how my time has been spent since 11am yesterday:
  • Got Jeter settled on the couch with pillow and blanket
  • Got Jeter some ice chips
  • Allowed him to watch approved videos
  • Thanked my mom and dad for keeping Barber at their house during the day
  • Helplessly listened to Jeter moan and complain about not feeling well
  • Attempted to comfort Jeter when he realized that he couldn't go to his indoor soccer game or celebrate Chinese New Year with his class today
  • Washed the days dishes
  • Lost count of how many times I was washing my hands
  • Made Jello - apricot and lime
  • Opened a package of saltines...for me. Just thinking about it (stomach virus) made my stomach churn.
  • Attempted to comfort Jeter when he was sick and prayed that Simms would get home in time to help me put the boys to bed
  • Prayed for my family's health
  • Fed the family
  • Crafted with Jeter today - he wanted to scrapbook. He's really good too!
  • Refereed the boys and their activities
  • Put in the superbowl tape for Jeter...as per his request. He is so much like his dad!!!
  • Answered a bazillion questions for Barber
  • Took ALL dirty laundry to the basement and placed clean non-germy sheets on Jeter's bed
  • Sanitized the bathrooms and anything else Jeter's hands may have touched
  • Read and commented on some blogs

This list makes me feel a little better because I have to be honest with you - I was feeling like I was getting nothing done. Technically, if you check out my list of what I had planned to complete - it is true; I haven't completed any of those tasks. And then I have to remember...perspective. Looks like the value of my time this last 24+ hours has been the investment that I'm making as Jeter's and Barber's mom. Praying that my investment has been more positive than not.

7 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Hey you accomplished more than me and I don't have a sick child or broken dishwasher!:)

Kelli said...

Can I remind you that this is a season? :) Just a season.

Melissa said...

You accomplished great "Momness"! I know that isn't a word, but you know what I mean!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Remember, the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world! The investment is priceless . . .

Tarrah said...

You are a super mom!

I hope he feels better soon and I'll say a prayer for you guys that no one else gets it. We havn't gotten it yet around here and I really hope it doesn't stop by any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days, when I didn't get anything done that was on MY list, but in the big picture, and Godly perspective, much was accomplished! I am very task driven, so those days were hard in some ways, but they also helped to build the great relationship I have with my kids today.

Hope he is feeling better!

Barb said...

Sometimes, "just being mommy" is the hardest job in the world. It's exhausting, taking care of a sick child and trying so hard to keep it from spreading.

And to do it all with a broken dishwasher? That's above and beyond the call!

I hope he's feeling better and I hope you dodged it, because taking care of sick kids when YOU'RE sick is just the hardest thing of all.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...