Our anniversary was last week and although we celebrated in the real world, I didn't acknowledge it here. So now I am. I've already written about how we met so this year I decided to do something different. We've been married for 14 years so I'm going to write 14 reasons I can't imagine my life without Simms - in no particular order.
1. I have a queasy stomach. Thank God Simms does not...he cleans up 98% of all that exits the stomach via the mouth in our home - which indeed includes our dog.
2. Simms balances me. This carries into so many categories but one memory is from the beginning of our marriage. We would go on various shopping excursions only to return without spending a penny and yet be quite content. It isn't that we didn't find anything that we liked. We saw a lot! But we were very good at talking ourselves out of the purchase because, really, was it something we needed?
3. Simms understands me - at least the best that he can. Maybe it would be better to say that he loves me and all my quirks (enjoyment of numbers, strong convictions, talking to actors/actresses like they could hear me and change their actions, etc.)
4. We have fun together and truly enjoy being with one another. Simms is my best friend and although our schedule can get a bit crazy, we both make it a priority to make time for each other...because otherwise we really do miss the other person.
5. Simms makes me laugh. He is very good at impersonations. One of my favorite memories is during our first few weeks of parenthood. Jeter was maybe a week old. We were both low on sleep and were sitting in the family room talking about being mom and dad - what filled our expectations and the things that were new and we had no idea about. Like those newborn reflexes. Simms started to imitate our Jeter which catalyzed at least 30 minutes of laughter.
6. Simms is a great dad - the best dad Jeter and Barber could have. This is important to me because I am mom and could not fill the role that Simms plays in their lives. He is their jungle gym, he models for them a life of integrity. He is a man who desires to obey God in all things which Jeter and Barber observe daily.
7. Simms takes care of the insurance. It is something I could do but it is nice that I don't have to do.
8. Simms is my teammate. We're in this thing together - called life at our corner. It doesn't matter what the situation - I know we are in it together.
9. Simms blesses me. Ok - I could live without this but who would want to. Seriously, who would not want someone to write and sing a song for you? Or say no to letting you sleep in on a Saturday and wake you up with a warm breakfast and brewed coffee?
10. Simms notices the little things. You all know how important this is.
11. Simms lets me be me. He doesn't try to change me or ask me to be more like so-and-so. He. Loves. Me.
12. Simms respects me. Regardless of my responsibilities in and out of the home. He respects me for who I am.
13. Simms has a sensitive heart toward the Lord. He desires to know Him more and is obedient to the promptings of His Spirit.
14. Simms shares the "I don't like doing this" list. I do the laundry. Simms takes care of the cars. Although our roles have adapted according to our circumstances, I never feel like I am doing all of the "I don't like list".
So there you have it - at least 14 reasons why I cannot imagine my life without Simms.
I love you Simms!
19 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
What beautiful reasons! 14 years seems like such a long time but it must have flown by. We had our 6 year in Sept and it feels like longer than that in the way we love eachother & know eachother and then it feels like it was just yesterday :)
Man, your husband sounds like the greatest guy in the world! :)
I love you!
Post a Comment