I was in no frame of mind to even think about purchasing another TV. The budget has already been accounted for this month - no extras. And really, when you come right down to it, TV is an extra, not a necessity. Simms did agree but also proposed that the 700 pound TV (not that much but it is too heavy for me to help carry) be moved from the basement (which is too cold in the winter anyway - so we're not going to be down there much anyway...except to do laundry and clean and start walking on the treadmill again and...) to the family room.
This simple move wasn't so simple. This TV is a 32 inch tube TV. It wasn't going to fit in our pantry-turned-into-entertainment center cabinet. And so the process that would consume 2-1/2+ days of my life began.
The cabinet was cleaned out. Toys moved to the boys rooms or basement save a basket of "baby" toys for my nephews which fits nicely under an end table. This cabinet moved to another part of the room and filled with our family albums and other scrapbooking equipment. The bakers rack (which was my Gramma's) formally held these items. It was therefore moved to the foyer (which I love!) to hold the basket of hats/gloves/mittens as well as our bags. More tweaking of furniture continued...moving the couch slightly to the right, changing the position of a lamp, moving the end table and the rocker and simply removing a few pieces from the room. The result? Well, for us, it feels like a brand new room or as Jeter put it
And he's right. I'm still dealing with the aftermath of this and our previous domino effect...just as if we moved!"It's like we moved but didn't have to spend any money!"
4 comments:
AND...it looks great! Like a brand new room!
That is so funny - that Jeter said that. As I was reading, I kept thinking how much it sounded like something Simms would say! Like Daddy Like Son :)
I, by the way, LOVE LOVE LOVE design re-mixes like that. Shaggy and I regularly move furniture around, now that he's bigger than I. And I don't have to wait for The Boss. Who HATES. CHANGE. Particularly of the furniture/home interior variety :)
PS - spontaneous happens like that (on my pics) when the big brother is big enough to force everyone into a crushed hug and yell for Dad to snap it all at the same time :) We were all cracking up . . . Oh! and the little guy is 6 now - SIX! Can you believe it? Crazy, I know!
You contine to inspire me...I'm knocking my first domino over in January.
Post a Comment