Have you ever played with dominoes? I don't mean the game but rather setting them up in a pattern so that when one is knocked over they all end up falling down. It is actually pretty cool to watch.
We experienced the domino effect this past weekend but it wasn't with real dominoes. It all started with wanting to set up our Christmas tree in the family room. The question was posed by Simms as to where we wanted to move the train table. Barber's room? I said sure. That is when it all began...
If we wanted to move the train table to Barber's room then we would want to move his bed to an inside wall. We've been talking about doing this with the cold of winter and the fact that he sometimes sleeps right up against the wall. And if we are going to move his bed...
...then it is really time for the changing table to exit his room (I'm actually going to use it as shelves in our walk in closet). And while we are moving the furniture that means...
...it is time to move the crib into the guest room and since we were in there...
...it is time to move the nightstand and desk out of there. The desk was destined for Jeter's room and the nightstand for Barber's. Since Jeter now has a desk with a bookcase...
...the bookcase that is currently in Jeter's room can now be moved into Barber's room. We can now discard the Pamper's boxes that have been used to hold his books. (however, I will say that with the sides folded in and tipped on their side, they worked quite well in the interim).
This is what we did last Friday and it felt soooooooooooo good. It was the first day in three months that Simms and I had the whole day free and trust me we used our time wisely!
27 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
It felt so good to you! I simply asked one question and ended up working on it for hours! However, I did enjoy working with you. :)
LOL! That's hilarious - Simms sounds like The Boss. Which is why he almost NEVER asks me that one question :)
And I agree with you TCC, it all feels so good. Nothing charges me up quite like re-organizing, re-purposing, and stream-lining our home. NOTHING. Well, maybe a big mug of coffee and a good book when I am done. ;)
We are about to embark on a similar domino effect. Good job!
Post a Comment