22 November 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Thanksgiving Edition


This looked like it would be fun to do for Thanksgiving so without further ado, here is The Campbell Corner's Thursday Thirteen Thanksgiving Edition.

1 - 3. I asked Jeter for 3 things he was thankful for and he said "God, Family and Jesus. I know that Jesus is God but what He did for us is different kind of. You know what I'm saying Mom."

4. Barber's response could be summed up as family but his words were "I thankful for you, Daddy, Jeter, Mima, Papa, Grammie, Poppy, Uncle Rayda, Aunt Ruby, Aunt Promises, Uncle Promises, Brady..."

So now the rest is up to me.

5. Simms. He completes me. I could go on and on but this really sums it up. Besides he is better with words than me.

6. Jeter and Barber. With all the ups and downs of childhood I wouldn't change a thing. I love them so much - you can't even measure it!

7. Tradition. There is something to be said for tradition. I'm not talking about the need to do something just because you are supposed to - which I would define as empty. I mean the kind that allows you to reminisce and remember and smile because it has important meaning to you. Like making a recipe of a loved one who has passed into eternity.

8. Family. Basically what Barber said for #4. But it continues - we are truly blessed with an amazing family.

9. Friends. Especially the ones that know us best and love us anyway.

10. Freedom. It's priceless.

11. Health. You realize how important this is when you or a loved one struggles. It is something to be thankful for.

12. Love. The ability to receive it and give it.

13. Today. Taking time to live in the moment and not look to tomorrow when I haven't finished living today.

If you are interested in visiting other Thursday Thirteeners or participating yourself then visit this site.

7 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Welcome to TT! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Wonderful T13, and I agree Tradition is a good thing, as difficult as this year has been by keeping our traditions I know we can make it through....
I must ask you a techical question, is that a LiveSignature in your post?
If so, how did you put it in your HTML? I have the signature from MyLiveSignature but do not know where to insert the code into my HTML and could use the help...it is even a post in my blog for today, with my T13 post. Thanks,

Anonymous said...

Nice list. Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I love your list! Thanks for sharing them to us:)
Mine is up here;
Thursday Thirteen
Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

A very nice list---have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Coco said...

Happy thanksgiving!
I just looovee Jeter's answer... aah, the things children teach us! :)

Anonymous said...

Great list, Happy Thanksgiving!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...