28 November 2007

Candy-Making Extravaganza

I thoroughly enjoy the process of baking and making a variety of goodies...and then blessing others with the calories! LOL. My winter specialty includes homemade chocolate candies (chocolate covered pretzels, caramel filled chocolates, etc.) and cookies. Each year favorites are repeated and I pick a few new recipes to try. It is work but I truly enjoy it and spend the time worshipping God while thinking about and praying for those that will partake in the yumminess.

This year I decided to tackle making chocolate covered truffles. Since it was a first attempt I have nothing to compare my experience to. It was messier than I expected and I don't think the consistency of the truffle is as smooth as I would like (note to self or to Simms - I need a new candy thermometer) but they still taste good. Jeter gave me the official taste-tester's seal of approval! Simms hasn't tried them yet and I won't let Barber have that much rich chocolate in one sitting.

I took pictures of my candy making extravaganza over the last two days. I will post them as soon as the film is developed (which means sometime in the next two weeks).

Tomorrow I plan to start mixing up the cookie batter!

3 comments:

Hands-Free Heart said...

Sounds wonderful! I also enjoy baking. Even in college I would bake cookies in the dorm kitchen as a stress-reliever. Have fun cookie-baking tomorrow!

Natalie said...

If you need another taste tester, I'd be happy to offer my services.

The Gang's Momma! said...

MMMMM, sounds scrumptious! I'm just about to compile my list of homemade goodies for a day of baking myself. We do chocolate covered pretzels, pecan turtle bars, and chocolate covered peanut clusters. I usually buy a pretty plate or two from Home Goods or TJ Maxx and VOILA! A great teacher gift from the heart. If I have time, I usually share the recipe on a pretty card too.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...