16 October 2007

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Just in case you feel like joining me in the kitchen...

1-2/3 c flour
1 c sugar
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 c plain pumpkin
1/2 c butter, melted
1 c chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350. Grease muffin cups or use foil cups.

2. Mix flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.

3. Mix eggs, pumpkin and butter together in another bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour over dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened.

4. Scoop batter evenly into muffin cups and bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and springy to the touch.

This recipe is from "Favorite Recipes From The Authentic Bed & Breakfast of Lancaster County, PA". This is a real recipe book that Simms and I purchased from the B&B we stayed at for our 5th anniversary.

7 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

So what's the B&B called? We are always on the lookout for good places in Lancaster County. It's our favorite get away, and we have a favorite one or two but like to add new ones occasionally.

Our favorite is the Brownstone Colonial, run by Brenda and Mark Miller. Christian family. Lovers of God and His family. GREAT breakfasts and comfy rooms!

Hands-Free Heart said...

Thank you so much! I'll be joining you in spirit from my own kitchen tonight or tomorrow morning as I make these with some cooked butternut squash :)

This Journey of Mine said...

If I didn't have so many banannas right now, I'd be making me some of those muffins. Actually, what am i talking about, I'd end up having one and the rest of the "monkeys" in this house would scarf the rest!!!

I'll consider trying this recipe when the bananna manna is over.

Mrs. C said...

We went to Vogt Farm B&B. It was good but isn't my favorite. I think it depends on what you are looking for in a B&B. It was definitely a family friendly atmosphere but you were staying in a room of their house. Does that make sense?

One of my favorites is one we stayed at in Etown. Can't remember what it is called. Simms would know. He took me there for my birthday after Barber was born (he was 6 months old). I think it was a present for both of us since we were without kids!

Hands-Free Heart said...

We made these yesterday, and YUM! they are so good! I used home-cooked mashed butternut squash instead of pumpkin, and I substituted in 1 cup of whole wheat flour. Excellent! (Except that now they sit in a container on top of my fridge, tempting me. Hopefully my small group will eat them all up tomorrow night.)

Promises said...

I can't wait to try this recipe - I KNOW that they taste good - having Jeter's class' snack in my house almost temptmed me to ask to sample one - but I resisted! I will HAVE to make these!

Have you cooked up your pumpkins yet? I have 3 more to go - but not tonight!

Tarrah said...

These sound so good, I wish the rest of my family liked pumpkin. If I made them I would be the only one eating them and that would not be a good idea :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...