What Barber means by that statement is that we visited Jeter's class yesterday afternoon.
His first grade has been studying a lot about pumpkins this season. This week they learned about the pumpkin life cycle (can I tell you again how much I love Jeter's teacher!). They also adopted "baby" pumpkins. Yesterday I brought in a snack (the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins) and Barber joined me. The class was quite busy with their stations - creating birth certificates for the baby pumpkins (including a print of its bottom) and artistically making the life cycles. With the teachers invitation, Barber joined Jeter in his activities (observing Jeter...not participating) and I helped at one of the stations.
After the stations were complete, Barber and I joined the class in the fire drill (so cute seeing a 3-1/2 year old walking in line with the other students holding his hand in the "fox ears" position), snack time, some time outside and then packing up to go home. It was so wonderful to see him handle himself so well in the classroom. I was so proud of him!
He has told me he is ready to going to school. I explained that next year he will go to pre-school; this year he is home with mommy. Of course he thinks that he is ready for first grade NOW because you know, in first grade there is a carpet with a "B" on it and that is for him since his name starts with that letter and that is where he sits. Completely logical you know. Meanwhile, I know that Kindergarten has the same carpet...maybe pre-school will too. Funny little man.
19 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
Sounds like Barber had a fun day.
My mom said I did similar things. I wanted to do everything my older sister did. I even read early since she was reading.
Hi! I just came across your blog tonight. I wanted to let you know about free giveaways that I host every week at my site. All of the giveaways are from companies who make their products here in the USA! I don't make any money off of this - I just want to see more jobs stay here in America. Come check it out - and spread the word!
Thank you!
Post a Comment