- I am 10 pounds less this year than last. Not totally to my goal but I have until December for that.
- I have two wonderful boys that I cherish.
- I have a loving husband whom I have been blessed to celebrate 17 birthdays with - 14 during our marriage.
- I am being stretched by God in a lot of areas (mainly church responsibilities). Why am I celebrating this? It's all in my perspective. I need to look at the positive side of things and that is what I am choosing to do.
- My parents still live close and are staying relatively healthy - I am still praying for complete healing!
- Li'l sis' family is close which is so good because I cannot fathom being far away from them...especially with my second nephew's pending birth!
- I like my hair. Silly I know but you remember when you go through those awkward hair phases. Especially 3-5 months after the baby is born and hair starts falling out in clumps! After Barber's birth - blame it on hormones or whatever but my straight hair is now wavy. And we are dealing with the grey without demolishing my budget. So it's nice to be able to just say 'I like my hair'.
- I have successfully stopped biting my nails this year.
- I am getting more organized at home. Not there 100% yet. It's a work in progress. Trust me - you don't even want to peak at my to-do list. It's HUGE but I am chipping away at it little by little.
- I have friends who love me for me...and know that it is reciprocated.
- I am content.
- I am still learning.
- '40' doesn't seem so devastatingly old anymore. I know that is still 3 years away but I like to be prepared.
- I see the Hand of God on my family. This is the greatest blessing of all.
- 37 is a prime number. That seems pretty cool to me. Plus, individually - the #'s 3 and 7 have some neat significance.
03 October 2007
Happy Birthday to Me...
I am now 37 years young (it's all in how you look at things!) and this is what I am celebrating today in no particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
9 comments:
Happy birthday! You are a treasure to all who know you!
Welcome to 37, now I don't feel so alone! :-)
Happy birthday Sis - I love you bunches and enjoyed reading your post!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
The HAPPIEST of birthdays to you! Love that this list is treasuring the simple things, that many take for granted. A great reminder not to gripe or complain! Happy Day!
Happy Birthday!!! Yes, you do have freidns that love you. I'm happy to say that I am one.
You forgot one:
"I am beautiful--body, soul and spirit."
Actually, you covered it with details like your gorgeous mane, svelte body, happy-go-lucky outlook, and passionate pursuit of Jesus.
You ARE beautiful!!! And wise!
Happy Birthday! Praying its an awesome year for you!
Happy Birthday! And I know what you mean about liking your hair. I'm the same way right now, it's been a long time and I thought I might be the only one that actually is happy w/ their hair :)
Happy Birthday! Wow, 37 years young!
My straight hair also went curly.
4-0 is not that old! :)
And yes God is good!
Enjoy 37 and the blessings God brings your way.
Sandy
Post a Comment