10 September 2007

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

I am tired today. Why? Because I stayed up LATE last night watching my Giants. Simms packed it in before 11pm but I couldn't because you never know. Needless to say I did not get to sleep until after 11:30PM. Here is my assessment of last night's game (if you are interested).

The Good
  • Eli's passing is definitely improved. Thanks to the new QB coach. He had pass completions to Shockey, Burress, and Toomer. I am so happy to see Toomer back.
  • Ward stepping in for Jacobs. He's not a tank but he has some speed.
  • Closing the gap to a 1-point difference before the half was impressive.
  • Al Michael's stating "The Giants are very resilient". Was that a compliment I heard?

The Bad

  • Jacobs out for the rest of the game with a sprained knee.
  • Zero pressure on Romo. Not too happy with Strahan missing pre-season. It does make a difference.
  • Defense totally incapable of putting a stop to the Romo-Witten connection.
  • Seeing the doctor check Eli's right shoulder when there is less than 5 to go! They're saying it's a bruised right shoulder. Ugh.
  • Did I mention my disappointment with the defense? Only one sack - and not until the 3rd quarter?!?

The Ugly

  • Bumbled attempt at the first opportunity for an extra point.
  • Special teams #44 better hold on to that ball...
  • Strahan's beard. Simms (mine) thinks it looks good. I'm not a fan
  • 3 starters are injured. Injuries destroyed us last season.

The new season has begun and although I saw improvement in some areas (offense) we still ended the game with an "L". We'll see what next week holds...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were such a Monday morning (or afternoon) quarterback! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh I know the feeling.....I always hate when I stay up late to watch a game, knowing I will pay for it the next day....and my team loses!!! BTW, I'm a Redskins fan! And I hate Dallas! :)

Mrs. C said...

Stephanie...yup, I can analyze just about anything. Do you do this with Penn State?

Sandy...so glad to hear you are a football fan too. The first game I ever watched was in middle school - Super Bowl with Redskins vs. Dolphins and I rooted for the Redskins. I liked Riggins. Jacobs reminded me of him last night...until he got injured.

The Gang's Momma! said...

And yet, they still looked better than the Eagles! It was a tough game, but they (in my between the pages of my book glimpses!!!) looked like they were playing well AS A TEAM - good connections and unity. Tough to start the season on a "L" but there's always next week. That's what keeps us coming back, again and again. That "you just never know!" spirit!!!!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...