06 August 2007

He Shoots...He Scores...The Crowd Goes Wild!

Today is a HUGE cleaning day for me (probably will leech into tomorrow too)! But I decided to take a break and document one of the things I love about this season/time.

Soccer!

Practices haven't even started yet but they will be up and running shortly. Jeter is playing again this fall and is very excited! Barber still has to wait another year but you wouldn't know it from the way the boys are playing.

Yesterday Barber dressed in XXS pair of soccer shorts with shirt, Jeter's first pair of shin guards (XS) and Jeter's first pair of cleats that will probably fit Barber next year but are 1-1/2 sizes too big right now. Didn't matter to him though. He took off running after the ball and Jeter, laughing and having so much fun. Simms had fun teaching Jeter some new drills and skills.

Right now they are out in the backyard practicing and kicking around the ball while I continue on my cleaning binge. What bliss!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm right there cleaning with you!

Melissa said...

Anytime you want to swap soccer mom stories I'll be ready! I adore soccer season! Tonight I meet the Kiddie Kicker team I will be coaching for the next 8 weeks (#3's age group). I'm so excited! I'm sure they will give me plenty to blog about!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Your post made me smile just picturing your boys all dressed up and ready to play. There is something pretty special about boys I must say. After just having a sister, it is a whole new beautiful world for me.

How fun that your sis taught with you for a while. My sister is my best friend, too:) Thanks for your precious comments on my blog. I'll look forward to getting to know you better.

This Journey of Mine said...

So sweet! I just signed EJ up for soccer. I was so excited about it b/c he has asked me tons of times when he is going to play again! I can't wait for the season to begin and to see him grow in this area!

Smile!!

Promises said...

I can't wait to see Brady at Jeter's games this year! I think that he is going to love it - and probably want to go and play with his cousin! We will have to save that for the back yard!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...