- Hezekiah seemed to have a heart after God but he also did some foolish things - for example touring men from Babylon, showing them everything because they brought him a get-well gift. He seemed to lack discernment. Obviously passion (even for the things of God) without wisdom / discernment can get you in a lot of trouble. It was after the above example that God told of Babylon's takeover.
- Josiah was a wonderful king! Finally! He had a heart after God and took action - repenting of the evil choices his ancestors made, destroying all idols - those in Jerusalem and in the surrounding area. He was very busy cleansing the land of idolatry.
- Why then did Josiah's son not follow after God? How come his passionate heart towards God and obedient nature stopped with him?
- I am horrified by the parallels that I see in the world today...For example 2 Kings 17:41 talks about how the people were putting on a front of worshipping God but were in fact, at the same time, involved with their local idols.
What percent of us say we are Christians and what percent of that percent actually live life following Christ?
Recently On Fire asked how you would want to be remembered. I really didn't know how to answer this question. I still don't know exactly. This is what I do know - I want to live my life for Jesus. I don't just want to have the label of Christian. I want to have a positive impact on those around me. I desire for my boys to go further in the things of the Lord than I have. I don't want to stray to the right or to the left - and that is what I desire for the generations that follow me. And, in all of this I want to be real - never putting on a front.
1 comment:
And that is how I see you! Oh, girl the generations to follow after you are going to be absolutely amazing. You are so gifted at teaching your children, raising them up to be godly boys. And one of those people that I know, when you say "I'll be praying for you." I know that you will.
I love the fact that you are real and that you don't put a front on. I appreciate your depthness and your honesty.
You are such a treasure!
Post a Comment