26 April 2007

Yes...This Is How My Brain Works

I mentioned in my update below that we are all healthy again in the Campbell Corner. Thank God!!! I have to confess to you that yesterday, when I was typing, I was so tempted to share the following:
  • I mentioned that we were suffering from an intestinal and stomach virus because that is what it is. It is slightly irritating when this is referred to as "the flu". "Flu" is actually short for influenza which is a virus but it specifically attacks the respiratory system and is much more dangerous than the ghastly bug that we were able to fight off in a mere 48 hours.
  • I also couldn't help but think of what those pesky little virus' were doing to my/our cells and fondly remembered the days of teaching about the lytic and lysogenic cycles. These are the two cycles through which the virus uses other cells to reproduce copies of itself. I can tell...you are on the edge of your seats...
  • Then my brain wandered to imagining my immune system in action - doing battle. Its victory is evidenced by the horrid unpleasantness of repeated bathroom usage.

But I didn't...share it all yesterday. Truth be told this is the abridged version. I just didn't have the energy. Even though I have it (more energy) today, it is largely being used to disinfect. I am also thinking more clearly and realize that not everyone is as intrigued by biology. Aren't you glad? It is a sickness...I know. I choose to view it as a gift because I believe He wired me this way!

On another note, Sarah at In The Midst Of It does it again with her nonfictional retelling of life. Thankfully I read it today...when I was out of danger of being queasy! I was able to laugh and laugh and laugh!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, despite the fact that I am a science geek too, I still don't share your love of biology. But at least I get it. And, I do love the way you think.

You have inspired me. I think maybe I'll write a post about the fact that there is no lead in a pencil and discuss which of the three crystal structures of the carbon are in the pencil. I'm LOL! Love, You! Hope you find the humor in what I wrote!

Mrs. C said...

I couldn't help but smile when I saw your name! I am so thankful that YOU get ME.

By the way...let me know when you post about the crystal structures. I love a good read! Hee hee.

CampHillGirl said...

I don't know if I still am in the fighting on the flu vs. stomach bug differentiation. I used to try to explain it to everyone, very casually, but it is just too wide-spread of an epidemic (the misnomer, that is), so I think I might have surrendered. Glad to see there are those out there still in the battle. :-) And glad you're all getting back on your feet.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...