25 April 2007

What Are The Odds???

Overall I am a healthy person. In my youth I either suffered from an everyday cold or something big - like Scarlett Fever. Out of any type of illness, the absolute worst (for me anyway) is a stomach or intestinal virus. Regarding "throw-up"...there is nothing about this that is not repulsive. The smell, the look, how you feel...all of it is abhorrent. And I am not just talking about when its me. Even though I am a mom, I do not do well when the kids get sick in this manner (or the dog). Thank God Simms takes care of them when vomit is involved.

This past weekend we were awakened at 12:30am by a sharp cry from our 3 year old. Poor Barber. He threw up in bed. Gross. Absolutely-positively-disgustingly-gross. He didn't have much on himself so I stripped him, cleaned him up, put on pj's and held him on my lap...waiting for Simms. See, my amazing husband had stripped the bed, spot cleaned it all and had started a load of laundry. He then came back upstairs and made the bed for Barber to sleep in. Needless to say Barber was sick and there were a few more trips to the bathroom that night.

48 hours later...

Simms, Jeter and I are ALL sick with this virus. HOW IS THAT FAIR??? Thankfully there were enough bathrooms for each of us to use. Horrid.

**UPDATE: Simms went back to work today (the 26th). We are all better although the first thing I did today(cleaning-wise) is disinfect the kitchen - which included cleaning out the fridge. Food just still isn't that appealing. We have milk, gingerale, eggs, bread, fruit, salad and condiments left. Thankfully there are meals in the freezer! Next on the list...the rest of the bathrooms (I cleaned one yesterday) and laundry!!!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are all sick! I know just what you mean, and I totally dread the tummy thing too. We've really lucked out so far, in that most of our puking happens when Daddy is home - otherwise he'd come home to find me curled in the fetal position hacking and gagging myself to death. I used to envy those women that can overcome their own personal "gross-out" factor in light of the desperate need of their children! And when one of our kids does get sick, I about wash my hands raw up to the elbow trying to prevent it passing any further, then I ban them to their room with no further contact from the family or the rest of the outside world till all the pukey-bugs have moved on to another world!! Hope you all feel better soon - and just think, how clean will your house be when you are done de-bugging it? :)

Kelli said...

Are you feeling better?

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...