A couple of things are going on in my head right now. One is recognizing the power of prayer. I am definitely one that prays a lot...but I feel a stirring to do more. The above video is Casting Crowns titled "What If His People Prayed". Enjoy
On another note, I have discovered two new features of esword. I can program in my own "reading plan" AND I can type notes regarding what I have read and it is saved! This is exciting to me!!! I have been slowly working my way through the old testament. My goal is to read from Genesis to Revelation. I am in 2Samuel so I am a small portion of the way through.
Today, as I was reading, I saw David in a new light. I knew how he was anointed by Samuel at a very young age and waited a long time to walk in the fulfillment of what God called him to. However the reality of that hit me differently today. He was 30 years old when he became king and initially he was only king over Judah...even after Saul died. It wasn't like "OK, Saul's dead. David can be king now." It was another 7 years before he reigned over all of Israel! Then I thought of words that have been spoken over me or members of my family and how, at times, I/we grow impatient wondering if or when it is ever going to happen. Wasted energy. Rather, we should be like David, asking God when we should move and where as well as when we should stay put--all the while trusting that God would fulfill His promises in His time.
No comments:
Post a Comment