22 April 2007

What Are Your 7 Favorite Songs?

Big Mama and Musings of a Housewife have both tagged their readers to do this meme. You all know that I don't typically do meme's BUT this one has to do with music...

Truth be told, I am totally a lyrics gal. The words have high ratings in my book. The downside to this (well...it's really a good thing!) is that much of the music I listened to in high school and college is no longer on my play list. This also means that my 7 favorites today might not be my seven favorites in a year...or 6 months...or even tomorrow. Without further ado, here is my list:

1. True Companion by Marc Cohn. Simms sang an excerpt of this song when he proposed - the first verse leading up to this line in the chorus, "I'm asking you to be my true companion..." Of course I said YES! How could it not be the song we danced to at our wedding?!? This song will be on my list for all eternity.

2. When I Fall in Love by The Lettermen. I first heard this song when I was playing some of my dad's old 45's. I loved the lyrics. This song lasts the test of time too--and I personally like this version best.

3. You're The Only Little Girl by Steve and Annie Chapman. This was the song that my Dad and I danced to at my wedding. Listening to it almost guarantees excess water filling my eyes. Unfortunately I have not been successful in finding a link to the lyrics or the song itself.

4. He Will Carry Me by Mark Schultz. He has become one of my favorite artists. Each song tells a story. I could probably list just about every song from every album but this one encapsulates one facet of our family right now. Many of his songs bring Simms to tears...currently Walking Her Home does this.

5. Casting Crowns...period. Seriously, how do I pick one? Their music and lyrics are simply the best! If I am thinking about the value of my life Lifesong and Who Am I come to mind. When I or someone I know is facing a trial there's Praise You In This Storm and Love Them Like Jesus and Set Me Free and Voice of Truth. When I am thinking about what He has called and created me to be and do there's Does Anybody Hear Her and Stained Glass Masquerade and In Me.

6. I Choose You by Point of Grace. I am not a HUGE POG fan but the words are just REALLY GOOD! It reminds me of what I was created for and that no matter what is going on around me I will choose to worship Him.

7. I have to get Third Day in here. Hmmm...to pick one song. Nope can't do it. Just really like Third Day. Too many choices.

Ok...there are my sevenish songs (sort of). I haven't even mentioned Chris Tomlin or Rita Springer. On that note, if you are one of my "readers" and you would like to do this meme, leave me a link so that I can visit and see what some of your favorites are! If you're not a blogger, no problem, just post it in my comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You piqued my curiosity, so I found the lyrics (and download if you become a member) for You're the Only Little Girl.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...