12 March 2007

"Catch Up" Monday

Today has become my "catch up" day in the house and so far everything is going pretty well. Beds have been stripped and remade, all clean laundry is put away and bedrooms have been straightened. I distinguish between being straightened and cleaned. Straightened means that it looks good - things are in place. Cleaned means that it looks good AND it has been vacuumed, dusted, mopped, windows and doors wiped down, etc. It is impossible for me to get straightened AND cleaned on a "catch up" day. So, to keep myself sane, I am straightening today with the goal of getting it clean by Wednesday. After lunch, while Barber is napping I am hoping to move to the downstairs and "catch up" in the kitchen, family room and dining room as well and getting some more laundry done. Invigorating, I know.

In keeping with the theme of "catching up" this is what we've been up to:
  • Simms and I spent our first Sunday working in the children's ministry at our church. There is a lot that I could say here but the only thing that I will tell you is that we definitely jumped in with both feet! We were supposed to be observing and then we learned (5 minutes before the kids started to arrive) that we were running the show...
  • We were all smiling here when Jimmy Johnson took first place at Las Vegas and Jeff Gordon came in second. "Are the Campbell's actually NASCAR fans?" you may be asking yourself. The simple answer is "Yes. Blame our friend Duce."
  • Jeter tried unsuccessfully to hear what the "experts" had to say about free agency, the Giants and all the switching of running backs in the league. To no avail, all that was ever on was basketball.
  • Jeter and Barber were with their Daddy every available minute this weekend. He has had to work a lot of late hours and they were using this weekend to soak up every moment they could.
  • We had our nephew over on Saturday. He is such a joy! So much fun. Poor thing is teething but his smile still lights up the room!!!
  • I baked chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for Jeter's snack today at school.
  • The above two points are part of the reason why today is a "catch up" day on the home front.

Have a wonderful Monday!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Are you a flylady girl? I don't subscribe to her emails, but I like her ideas in theory. I love so many of your thoughts and ideas about freezing meals, etc. You are quite the organized mama!!!

Anonymous said...

Your nephew had a lot of fun too - he is STILL teething! These molars are the worst that it has been for him! The gums look so wide! Poor little thing!

Good for you on doing all of your catch up - I am trying to do some of that too!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...