03 November 2010

How Deep is that Well?

This afternoon, after I was surrounded by 18 first graders for over an hour, I stopped by my parents and just spent time with them until I had to pick up the boys from the bus stop. I could have just gone straight home, gotten another load of laundry done and finish up the dishes that got dirty from my meal prep earlier today. I also have carpets and floors that need attention, surfaces that need to be wiped down and more laundry. There is always laundry. But I just wanted to hang out with two of my best friends...my mom and dad.

There wasn't anything super special...Dad had an old t-shirt on and a baseball cap. He still has that sparkle in his eye. It's just difficult to ignore the fact that those same sparkly blue eyes look tired and because I love and know him, I notice how uncomfortable he really is even though he's trying not to show it.

This afternoon, I'm allowing my Father to comfort me and give me peace.

This is one of my favorite songs / hymns. I have two versions below. If you are super conservative, you will enjoy the instrumental of the first one. If you like when a new edge/flair is added, then you will definitely like the second.

Me? I dabble in both - I have a love and taste for the original and I enjoy when the feeling of the song is still there even when the artist has tinkered with the arrangement. I cannot even tell you how many times I've listened to both of these. So if you're like me, live dangerously and listen to both of them. Just not at the same time. Now that would be silly.

NOTE: hit the pause button on the player in the right margin.






1 comment:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I love hymns of all kinds, old and new, updated and original. I have them on their own playlist on my iPod for just such occasions. There's something so soothing and comforting about the timelessness of the hymns of the faith. May this one and others like it give you comfort in these days.

Please give your folks my love and let them know we are praying.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...