Simms does the same but sometimes he gets warm and might only use a sheet. And a few times throughout our marriage (but I could count the times on my fingers) I have woken up to feet next to me because he needed to invert himself and somehow that helped him fall asleep.
Jeter sleeps on his back. Sometimes on his side. His arms are sometimes raised (he has done this since he was born!) above his head. He, like his mama, stays under the covers.
And then God blessed us with Barber. This boy moves. A lot. We never know how we are going to find him before we go to bed. Rarely are the covers on him. Rarely is his head still on the pillow. We have found him sideways on the bed with legs dangling off. We have found him upside down. He never seems to be the same way twice. But we only found him once like this (see below) and I had to take a picture (It was really warm in the summer - that's why there is the lack of traditional pj's). I was afraid it would be blurred from my giggles. Both the flash and our laughter did not wake him up. Why should we be surprised? Standing didn't wake him up!!! Of course, after the picture, Simms picked him up and tucked him into bed - head on his pillow and covers on top of him too. My sweet Barber...he is always full of surprises. Thankfully they are good ones.

2 comments:
That is priceless! Not that it's something a mama of boys likes to discuss quite yet...but I'm sure this is something that you and his wife will get to joke about often. :) It seems like something he might never outgrow. It's adorable!
He is so adorable - my cute little nephew. I cannot believe that he was sleeping like that!
Post a Comment