29 January 2010

Purple Is My Favorite Color

I know that we are nearing the end of January...very far from spring blooms. But I wanted to play around with my new gift and that trumps all. This particular bloom is near and dear to my heart. It was from the iris' that my mom had planted at our Long Island home.

This is my original shot. Again, I think it looks pretty good but I wanted to see what this new program could do.

This is a result of me playing with the color.

In this one I played with the hue/saturation and the lighting effects. It wasn't doing much for me. It's pretty but the color was being bleached out.


So I went back to the enhanced color and tried one of the artistic actions - watercolor. I don't know if you notice much of a difference so I cropped it....



Here is the watercolor - up close and personal. Can you tell I'm having fun. Now I have to take a break and get back to work!





1 comment:

Promises said...

very cool - you are very creative! :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...