14 October 2009

Created & Called...the ingredients of life - part 2

This is Part II of a two part series - if you didn't already, feel free to read Part I. Besides being Mommy extraordinaire (ha!), I lead a ministry at our church. For more information about the ministry you can check out our blog...look at the links in the left margin. Last month was the kick-off to our new season: Created & Called: Year of Activation. I shared the following with the moms and wanted to document it here as well - in case my boys want to learn more about why their mama is the way she is. LOL

Do you every get downloaded with stuff? That’s what I call it anyway. Like I said previously, I ask lots of questions and they don’t always get answered right away. But I know God listens to me and cares about my questions and so I trust an answer is eventually coming – hoping that it’s on this side of heaven. Anyway, I always have a journal in close proximity to me – in my purse, on my nightstand, at the desk, etc. Unfortunately, even though I’d love for them to be themed, they aren’t. Largely due to these downloads. I could be at church (worship or when someone is speaking), driving in the car, working at home, washing my face, in the middle of the night…seriously there isn’t a truly consistent pattern that I can see anyway. And then boom. Download. So I don’t try to remember it…I sit and write.

Recently I was writing down various women in the Bible and the potential theme that surrounded them / their message, you could say.

Mary – called to mother Jesus

Esther – called to save her people; to intercept the plans of the enemy.

Deborah – called to serve as a judge for Israel. Wisdom and discernment resulted in victory for Israel and years of peace.

Elizabeth – called to mother John the Baptist

Hannah – called to mother Samuel

Egyptian princess – called to raise Moses; this allowed him to understand what royalty was. This was needed component for him to participate in God’s plan to ultimately free the Israelites. He didn’t have the mindset of a slave. (Kris Vallaton elaborates on this in his book Supernatural Ways of Royalty)

Rahab – called to protect the spies

Ruth – called to support and love on her Mother-in-law, Naomi.

Motherhood is definitely a theme here. This is not an easy job – and if you note, because of the strong foundation that their children received, they were active participants in the calling God had on their lives – giving glory to Him through their words and actions.

Another theme that I ponder seems to tie me to the Israelites. My parents became Christians in the early 70’s. As a result I am not cognitively aware of what it is like to live life without Jesus – He has always been part of my life. I now understand that the time frame was during a revival. I saw a lot of stuff. Prophesy was “normal” for me to see – so was people falling down, long lines waiting for prayer, services that would run for 3+ hours, church on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, hearing lots of different tongues, seeing and hearing about miracles. Prophets and teachers of the Word would stay at our house. Vacations were conferences in other states. And then it was like someone hit the pause button. Not that God wasn’t still here. But things happened in our world with people I knew. I witnessed leaders fall. It hurt. Since then, there have been glimmers that remind me of my youth and my hearts cry has been – God I just want YOU – I want it to be the real deal and not just take another walk around the mountain. So then I ask a question…what is it that can keep us from walking around the mountain again? How can we truly be part of a “revival that doesn’t end” – quoting Bill Johnson.

This going around the mountain reminds me of the Israelites – that’s the tie. Remember I mentioned Deborah? During the time of the judges there was this constant ebb and flow with the Israelites and living in peace. They would repent and God would give them victory over their enemies and they would live in peace for a period of time and then they would return to worshipping idols and false gods which bore the consequence of falling into captivity and lack of peace. This would then last for an extended period of time until they would once again repent and cry out to God for forgiveness and He would give them victory over their enemies which would result in a period of peace until once again they began to serve false gods. It was a cycle that too often we judge them for. I mean have you ever asked “What is their problem? God saved them! WHY would they bring idolatry into their homes again?” Obviously I have…I like questions.

What sickens me is the parallel to the present. We experience revival – a time of peace that seems to be followed by a time where we feel under attack.

How do we stop the cycle?

I am not an authority on revivals or the cyclic nature of them. And I am not saying that this is the only answer to the question. But, I believe with all my heart this is a key and may be why I have been part of this ministry.

For something to last – it has to cross generations. Generations. You are moms – who have an integral link to the next generation. We cannot pass down to our children what we don’t grasp ourselves. I’m able to pour more truths into my boys then my parents did with me. They just came to know Jesus when I was 2 years old. They deposited truth into my life but it was all new to them. I now have a lifetime of truth that has been deposited into my life to pass on to my sons. Is this making sense?

I really believe that God has been preparing for a supernatural shift to take place in each of you – that He has prepared you to fully embrace the truth of your identity and purpose. My prayer is that every good word that He has spoken over your life will be fulfilled – to completion. And that, as a result, this truth would be deposited into each one of your children. That amidst the wiping of noses and butts, you would ooze the truth of their identity and purpose to them. That, just like Jesus was always a part of my life, we would have a generation who would never doubt who they are or the importance / relevance of their life. I have to tell you – I believe this is possible.

So…where do you begin? Wherever you have to. Just let Him speak into your life – and choose to listen and believe what He says to be true.

At the end, I read Max Lucado's book You Are Special. If you've never read it, turn off the music and play the video below. It's one of my boys favorites.

2 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Wow, that would be an awesome Bible study. I watched the video with Isaiah this morning before his Doctors appt. We really like Max Lucado's books too!!!! Have a fruitful year with MIA!!

mishmash-a little bit of this and a little... said...

awesome! your are an incredible leader! how funny you were talking about a supernatural shift- i just posted on my blog yesterday about the shift coming to my family- ha that was before i read this- confirmation! thanks girl!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...