One of my biggest fans is my Dad. That's not really anything new. It doesn't matter what I do - I know that my Dad will always be in my corner encouraging, praying and loving me.
Tomorrow is his birthday. November 18th doesn't simply mark another year in his life. This year there is a greater significance - the fact that he has outlived any man in his family. A family whose men have died very young. My Poppy (Dad's Dad) lived to 68-1/2 but many other men died in their mid-40's. Praise God, His favor has been on my Daddy's life and as a result our family continues to be blessed.
I was totally prepared to spend hours upon hours to create the perfect cake for my Dad but the perfect cake for him is really quite simple. A vanilla cake (out of the box) baked in two round pans. Chocolate frosting (flavored with mint) spread between the two cakes and covering the entire outside of it. What makes this simple cake special is that he will know that I was thinking of him when I made this cake and that honors him.
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 KJVHappy Birthday Daddy! I love you and pray that you will be blessed with many more years (with us) this side of heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment