Weary.
American Heritage Dictionary defines it this way:
1. Physically or mentally fatigued.
2. Expressive of or prompted by fatigue: a weary smile.
3. Having one's interest, forbearance, or indulgence worn out: weary of delays.
4. Causing fatigue; tiresome: a weary wait.
That's me right now. Caused by? A lot of differing variables but lump them all together and this is the result. I feel like #1. My smile probably looks like #2. The sentences definitely apply in #3 and #4.
Thankfully I don't base my identity on how I feel or how I look. I know who I am in Christ and that is what keeps me going. But he did make me human with feelings and emotions and this is where I am at right now.
It's been a long year...
I'm about to hit 'publish' when Barber comes over and asks me to help him get his shoes on - we are about to leave for preschool. What does he start to sing? "Holy, holy is our God Almighty... " Thank you Jesus. I still feel weary but I appreciate the reminder that He is with me and has never left my side throughout the entire year.
21 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
You can do anything thorugh Christ who gives you strength. ANYTHING. This past year has solitified that. Hold on to your testimony. He will give you continual strength. Always praying for one of my favorite families...
You are an amazing Godly woman! You have been through so much and God has given you guys an amazing strength. Thank you for being such an inspiration.
I just read you post over at Created and Called, Wonderful job being a mother.
Post a Comment