I've been thinking that someone who doesn't really know me and my family (or even maybe some who do) could feel overwhelmed by all the stuff we've been walking through these last few months.
Quite frankly, if I focus on the "stuff" (Simms surgery and recovery process - still in, Rayda's multiple surgeries and recovery process - still in, Dad C's surgery and recovery process - still in, and now my injury and recovery - still in), I feel overwhelmed too.
So what do I do?
I can't ignore it. That's just not my style.
We get through it - the process might not be pretty, but my mindset is that we are making it through this gunk no matter what.
So how do we do that?
Simply stated - I stand on what I know to be true. I hold fast to the promises of God and do not let go. I am not trying to oversimplify this but when all is crumbling around me I know that I know that I know that God is God - even through the tears, shock and whatever else hits.
Our Pastor has been talking about spiritual battles and encouraging us to stand firm. He has also taught on the peace of God - meaning that it conquers every fearful, chaotic place; all that is needed to conquer and prosper. This peace is both a weapon of defense and offense. (The above links go to our church's audio recording of the corresponding messages.)
I also choose to unconditionally trust Him.
Life is full of choices and I want to choose wisely. Not logically. Wisdom does not necessarily equal logic. Even though I am left-brained dominant and enjoy using logic and analysis - I do not - I can not simply rely on these abilities. So I leap and choose faith.
And in my heart of hearts I know that this really isn't a leap at all because God is God.
You see, man/science/etc would say that I am very lucky. A radiologist told Simms today that it is very difficult to actually dislocate your ankle without breaking/fracturing a bone and that usually surgery is needed with pins. Full recovery is 18-20 weeks. I am not fully recovered one week after the incident but somehow my ankle was both dislocated and relocated without a break or fracture! Thank you Jesus! I have a greater understanding as to why the ER Doctor stated that I tried to break my bone but was unsuccessful. I cannot allow myself to become discouraged but rather recognize the protection of the Father over my life and those that I love. So I continue to press in and pray - believing and trusting Him every step of the way. Literally.
07 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
We are so totally with you on this "walk by what we know" journey - trusting every step of the way! I was just telling friends this weekend that I don't know how people do this hard stuff alone, or without the relationship with Christ that we have!
Great read, one that I've needed to apply more of. I'll be listening to the message this evening.
Rayda
Beautiful! I just got caught up on your blog and I can't believe all that I've missed. I'm so sorry about everything that has been going on but am so thankful that you have the Lords Peace. This post was beautiful and so true. I loose sight of it quite often but He is always still there.
Thank you and I'll say a prayer for you all.
Post a Comment