22 July 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Last week Jeter asked me when football started again. I told him preseason would begin next month. He was bummed that he had to wait. I believe his excited anticipation for the next season may have something to do with the re-do of their rooms - which will include framed posters and painted canvases featuring the NY Giants as well as the NY Yankees and NASCAR's Jeff Gordon (for Jeter) and Jimmie Johnson (for Barber).

It's taking me a L-O-N-G time to get started on this project. Do you think that the dislocated/severely sprained ankle has something to do with it? I am on the road to recovery and PT is amazing but I am not allowed to climb a ladder yet. Major problem when the walls are 8 feet high and I am 5'4". Add to this that my injury has brought out the Papa Bear of my Daddy. So I think about him or have his voice in my head - or in my ear because he has called me to make sure that I will NOT attempt to climb up a ladder or even a stool! This alone chases away any thoughts or temptations to attempt a climb. Meanwhile Barbers' walls have to be painted before this weekend - furniture needs to be moved back so we can house the Long Island entourage of family that is visiting. I am so excited to see my family again! Can you say "Mommy to the rescue!"? I am so grateful for her. She worked on the edging and the top 1-1/2 feet and I painted the rest of the wall. We completed the two light blue walls this weekend. Last night we completed the chocolate brown wall while Simms taped off the final wall. The top is going to be a light khaki, the bottom the chocolate brown and the large middle is going to be a medium blue. This actually mimics the comforter set that Barber has - my inspiration piece for the painting of his room. Who knows...I might even attempt some before and after pictures for you when the project is done.

Meanwhile...how do we break the news to Jeter that his favorite NY Giant player - Jeremy Shockey has been traded to the Saints for a couple of draft picks?!?

3 comments:

Barb said...

My first thought when I started reading this was, "She needs someone to help her." Moms are always there when you need them, aren't they?

I hope you do post before and after photos. The new color scheme sounds really nice.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun tackle!

The Gang's Momma! said...

How sad am I? The first thing I thought when I heard the news about Shockey is that the TCC household was going to be so sad. I crack myself up.

And pictures? Girl, you need to do some befores and afters to share the interior design joy around the blogosphere!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...