13 June 2008

Just Call Me...

...a fort-building, Lego-lovin' crafty mom.

I had such a blast this week with my boys - especially today. I heard about Cranium's Super Fort from 5 Minutes for Mom and although I still hope I win, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it yesterday - I found it on clearance. Let me tell you this is the most amazing invention. I needed to help the boys in the beginning - we built the basic set-up while Thrills was here. It was later on when the payoff came.

They changed the fort from the "super fort" to an airplane, to a boat which was then altered to a hot-air balloon, and finally to an original Barber creation! The two of them were having so much fun together for hours. Granted, this is taking place right now in my family room BUT there are no blankets draped over chairs and TV tables or couches. The fort is self-contained and I don't have to be concerned about furniture being pulled over by blankets and falling on the boys. So Tiffany, if you're reading this, it may be something your little man would enjoy while keeping your sanity in tact.

The rest of my day was largely filled with Legos and building safety vehicles with Jeter. Police trucks, an ambulance, a fire house, an army tank and a helicopter...and there is still more to build. Jeter used a gift card from his birthday and selected this HUGE kit (it was on clearance as well). And now I must confess, he didn't twist my arm to help him build any of it. I really enjoy Legos. I like k'nex too. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. Who wouldn't enjoy sorting all of those little pieces in lots of different colors and then grouping together the pieces that are needed for each project?!? Well, maybe you wouldn't but I had a blast and we made some really cool things that actually work with tops that flip open so the little guys can go in and wheels that rotate so the cars can move. Isn't it good that God gave me boys?

So week one of summer is done and I am really enjoying it. My house isn't super-de-dooper clean but it is filled with smiles and laughter with the occasional reminder to not antagonize your brother thrown into the mix. Our first craft (tie-dying shirts) was a HUGE success - they look sooooooo cool. We cannot wait to surprise Simms with his new shirts. I'll have to take some pictures and then remember to post them later.

Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are making such precious memories. And your house can be plenty clean when your boys are in college. :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...