Wednesday night Simms was working very late so the boys and I had some extra special time together which included an extra chapter of reading in their bedtime book (Little House on the Prairie) and extra snuggling time as well. They have both been sequestered to the guest room since I have begun a project which involves both of their rooms. More on that later.
During snuggle time Jeter began to ask me questions about love, marriage...(sound of record stopping short)! Where'd this come from? My dear seven year old who has stated quite vehemently that he has NO interest in girls and doesn't think he'll ever get married and wants to live with me and Simms forever and ever and ever! I think it must have something to do with our walk down memory lane for our photo shoot Tuesday evening.
Jeter: Mom, did you fall in love with Daddy first or did he fall in love with you first?
Me: I don't know honey but I would probably say it was me. We'll have to see what Daddy thinks.
Jeter: Can you tell me again how you met?
I then told him how we met the first day of Zoology Lab and became friends pretty easily. How we were friends for about 1-1/2 years before we started dating. I then explained how that is the most important ingredient to a great marriage - being best friends with your spouse!
Jeter: Well you mean a best friend that is a girl because I can't marry Barber.
Me: You are right. You can't marry your brother.
There was lots of other talk about how Simms proposed and such and then...
Jeter: When can I start dating? Is it 16 or 18?
Me: 16. Definitely 16.
27 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
That's great. I would agree with 16 only thing is Shaggy will be turning 10 soon and 6 more years sounds too quick so maybe now I will have to go with 18. Then by 16 I will push it back to 21.
Oh, boy, lets just go back to arranged marriages.:)
So cute! He is such a sweetie pie. I cannot imagine him dating anyone, but I know that he will make a great husband and daddy - he has great examples in his life of married couples! :)
This made me want to cry. I think I'm having some sort of hormonal spike right now...because I felt like crying thinking about you and your hubby in the early years falling in love...then I felt like crying when you said Jeter could start dating at 16. But after that, I read Livin' Life's comment and felt better knowing I'm not the only one who'd be just fine choosing my boys' wives when they turn 21. :)
Post a Comment