18 May 2008

So...What Are You Having For Dinner Tonight?

Do you ever get bored of the same recipes but looking for something new seems overwhelming or too complex a process to bother?

Often I enjoy the adventure of trying out a new recipe or two but during this current season of coach pitch and swimming and Simms recovering I have to admit I am really not in the mood to search for new recipes. At the same time I am bored with the ones I currently have. Not the best combination - especially when the family still needs to eat every evening. So what's a mommy to do?

Recently I learned about this neat tool that Giant Food Stores provides online. It's a recipe center that also has cooking videos. Can they make it any easier? I'm also a huge fan of how the recipes are organized and the ease in which I am able to navigate the site.

So what is in your freezer? Do you have a whole chicken waiting to be roasted, maybe with lemon and olives? Maybe you have the desire to break out the grill for some ribs? There is actually an entire category dedicated to grilling which I plan to tap into this summer. In the mood for a new dessert? I love the fact that they have an entire category dedicated to chocolate - 20 pages worth!

3 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

I haven't explored this feature too much yet. Maybe I'll head over there when I plan my grocery list and menus this week!

The Gang's Momma! said...

PS - do you mind if I mention this mini review on the Giant boards I do work for?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I just started shopping at the Giant near us recently, so this will be cool to check out. I know what you mean about getting bored with your standard recipes. :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...